Grade control

ChrisC So i had a question. On my Case 550 i push the 1 button on my armrest to engage automatic control. On the deere side how is auto engaged?

On deere machines two things have to happen.

1. Detent (click) the scv lever forward.
  2. There has to be motion, found this one after touchset didn’t work sitting still, I’m guessing this is a safety if you get out of the machine to work on.
1 Like

And just need to plug in with tractor off? No setting changes?

And do you know the plug style on the JD 8000 R series tractors?

And then when you move the lever it disengages?

It’s a deutsch type connector

Yes plug it in with the tractor off, if you mess up it will throw a code that has to be deleted before it will work again.

The scv acts like normal except when detented full forward. When detented it goes to automatic, everything else acts like a regular scv.

1 Like

Any idea if our circa 2001 8320t would have this capability? This plug looks just like the remote valve connectors on ours.

1 Like

From what I understand it should work on 00 to r series…

Basically if scv controls are electronic with a screen to control timing and flow it should work

2 Likes

Has anyone tried making contact with the creators of EMT? I am starting work through the flow and they have different import options, just not the one we need.

Just didn’t want to duplicate contact if someone had already started the process!

Hi, if you are referring to the EFT software I have not contacted anyone because I do not speak English and I would have difficulty making myself understood, I would be grateful if you contact them, greetings Emanuele

After studying the information in that link and this schematic, I realized this might be the same connector we use for depth control on our cultivator except in our instance it’s not a 2.5V centered signal, it’s a 0.5-4.5 V pot on the cultivator and the JD tractor uses SCV #1 to maintain a target voltage/depth. For example, we set a depth of 3.1 (not sure what voltage that translates to), after we press the down detent it lowers and raises the cultivator to maintain a certain feedback voltage from the pot/sensor. When we click the up detent, it raises the cultivator until it reaches 0 height. The connector we use for this is behind the rear cab external panel as shown here.

So is there one connector for SCV #1 and another for SCV #3? Is there a different schematic for this touchset(?) depth control we use? I’m curious what the different Option Pin configurations are?

1 Like

The way I have it hooked up is as scv1 only.

To control both at the same time you hook up C for scv1 and D for scv2 to a control voltage instead of ground.

It appears you can set any level as the touchset target

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/salesmanual/en_NA/seeding/2012/feature/electrical/1830_1835/1830_touchset_depth_control.html

Just a guess but I’d say it defaults to 2.5v and can be set from there

1 Like

I see, so there’s only one connector, just send signal into C for #1 or D for #3 accordingly. Any idea what the Option Pins do?

This sounds like a very promising way to use the built-in valves with the option to override from in the cab. I definitely want to try this for my drawbar planter steering this spring and for tiling in fall.

1 Like

Yep one 10 pin deutsch connector.

I am willing to bet there is more options depending on what is pulled up and down. But I know the way in the diagram is vital or it throws error codes

It would be useful to raise and lower an impliment/do functions that are controlled with the arduino. It would just be limited to the scv’s listed, machine moving, and the lever in forward detent.

Am I reading this correct, these pins A-J/K are the same connector?
IMG_20211024_123559
IMG_20220103_142719

Yes they are the same, the letters correspond to the letters on the connector as well.

So is there then inputs for 4 SCVs?

As far as I know it’s for scv 1 and 3 only… I don’t know if cycle positions 3 and 4 don’t work, or they have a different application.

so ive got a little bit of a problem i think. Been trying to make a agd file to run in open grade 3D. recorded my points in ft with ezi grade. Than designed job in ft with ezi grade. It opens up in OG 3D but it seems to think that it was an metric file. Is their some way that it could read the ft file. it would not be an easy job to re survey. Its an old sand pit with water in it. Had to walk out on ice and poke an gps pole down thru holes to get an idea of bottom.

Yes OG3D only read numbers and assume it’s metric.

You can send me the file in PM.
the agd but also the survey files if possible

I can make a quick modification in OG3D so you can use it.
A dirty fix only take a few minutes

After I will have to look how to make it without make it to complicated.
Like asking the user for metric or feet? Or maybe auto-detect, like searching of “m” or “ft” on the first line.

1 Like