Hardware buyer guide - wordwide

Ok so the main point for myself is ublox is the proprietor of the the ZED-F9P and then there are companies that add this module to their boards such as ardusimple, Amid, sparkfun etc. I just wonder if we go direct to ublox but with caution as their supplied radios are difficult to get working as apposed to ardusimple that seemed to be the cheapest way to get up and running with base station to rover fixed.
Maybe I’m wrong here as the sparkfun seems so attractive with that video demonstration and beautiful enclosure ready to go options.

For myself I would just use the ardusimple or sparkfun board. I don’t know what others think.

1 Like

Unless you have a specialized pick and place machine, chip soldering oven, and wave soldering table. Buying the evaluation boards is the way to go.

1 Like

Or a PCB printer:

But still 5k€ !

4 Likes

WOW! 5K gives you a pile of time at JLCPCB, but for one off tests soooo very Cool.

Will this be the new sufficient lifestyle, like techno Amish, you can utilize electronics only if you can build them yourself?

How long till we truly get the star trek replicator?

3 Likes

That looks great I’ll take 5

1 Like

Yes totally agree, somewhere down the track I will get a 3D printer to hold down the boards and make them look like bought ones

Why does the Emlid cost so much more than an ardusimple?
is better?

CMPS14 is in stock at RobotShop.

Good day. Maybe someone bought recently IMU somewhere in EU? Any place have a stock of CMPS14 or BNO? :frowning: Can’t find anything to finish my PCB :frowning:

Hi
You can find CMPS 14 on GOTRONIC France, I had mine here.

Have a good day Michel

1 Like

Hi Kaupoi,

I am ordering components from digikey for your 4.1 board using the parts list at your onedrive location. What does it mean when the quantity is listed as 4(+4-8) for item 20 for example in the screenshot below.

On another note are you familiar with JLCPCB PCB assembly service? By any chance you have the required formatted Bill of Materials (BOM) and Component Placement List (CPL) files it require to avail of the service. I can probably extract the BOM from your parts list but if you have one that is formatted already to their specifications, that will be much preferred. Curious as to cost implication if I use the PCB assembly service.

Thanks.

The number of parts needed depends on the type of assembly you plan to build. Few extra nuts and bolts do no harm :slight_smile:
I haven’t used pcb assembly service and I don’t have bom or cpl files, sorry.

1 Like

Hi!

So I take it in the case of item 20 the minimum is 4 but it will not hurt to to add 4 up to 8.

Thanks.

Hi, im newbie here :slight_smile:
I do not have the skills for soldering, so i wanted to ask, maybe someone is selling All in One pcb unit with wiring diagram? :slight_smile: im from Europe, Latvia

You can ask @baraki in poland. I thought he sells complete setups.

Some more European shops for electronics:

Similar to Mouser or DigiKey. I think they are located in Poland, but have a couple of sites in other European countries, too.

Similar to Mouser or DigiKey.

Micro-controllers, shields, sensors, and actuators.

https://www.reichelt.de/
Electronics and (electro-)mechanical parts and components.

https://www.voelkner.de/
Tools, gadgets, electronics and (electro-)mechanical parts and components, cables, adapters and lots of other stuff. Website search is awfully slow, so you should know what you are looking for. Very often competitive prices, but be careful with shipping cost for offers from hosted vendors.