Having trouble getting the tractor to steer

ADS1115 would use I2C

WAS direct would use pin A0

ok well I must be doing something else wrong because I used to get a was reading but now all it says is 2.4 degrees

It is important to use the Arduino code that matches your program version. Learned that the hard way…

Well I know that I have the right Arduino code because it came with the GPS

Is a ADS1115 essential or can you go without it?

Because I know I used to be able to read the wheel angle without one but now that I updated to 1.4 I’m having trouble because it doesn’t read the wheel angle sensor.

Also my steer progress bar fills up to about 90% now.
I don’t know if that means anything.

I’m having trouble with the new version. It works great in simulator mode, motor turns but when I get in the field and switch to GPS via USB cord the motor will only turn in short pulses. Any ideas?

Do you use IBT_2 or Cytron?

Cytron

I asked because pniels had the same behavior with his IBT-2, which tells it is probably not a motor controller problem but one of the settings that is different in 4.3 compared to 4.1 which pniels went back to.
I have not tried v4.3 in tractor only sim, but recheck all settings.

Did you changed some value in the steer config? The data is only send if you click +1 on the proportional gain

I have changed settings in steer config. I’ll try again. I was thinking that if works in the simulator it would work the same in the field.

Switched back to 4.1 and it works better. Motor will turn for about 4 seconds than pause for a millisecond and continue on.

Did you uninstall all old versions, including the one installed in program files, (run the uninstaller from windows) and removed the user config from the appdata/local folder?

Yeah I completely uninstalled everything and started over but still does the same thing. What I’m seeing is no PWM value on the steer configuration page in the field, always shows zero. In the simulator the PWM value on the steer configuration page will change accordingly and the motor turns smoothly without pauses.

Edit: I moved your problems to this thread to keep a little bit of logic in the forum.

I had the same problem.
I redid the update of F9P and sent the configuration file.

Sorry for my Bad english, i am french and use a translator.

Can you tell me how to do that?

I updated the F9P and still have the same problem. If I use my M8T receiver the problem goes away.

1 Like

Your proportional gain is higher than zero?

Yes. It is something to do with the F9P, if I switch my M8T receiver it works good.

Is your baud rate set to the same in AOG and F9p?