Hillside combine installation and the BNO080 IMU

Interesting… Never looked at it like that before, that does make sense, same issue as a drill on a sidehill with GPS gets narrower, as vs the parallel uprights at each end, the width gets narrower as the implement gets at more of an angle…

Deere must have some kind of compensation for this, As my combine already has autosteer / greenstar, so i use it as its there rather than AOG, but I can run that at virtually full width and it will never skip a beat…

Exactly that. And on a similar note my dad tried to get the Rural Payments agency to compensate for slope in their area calculations, as steep fields appear smaller than they really are from the air. Sadly he was unsuccessful in convincing them to give him the extra subsidy. lol.

I don’t think it would be too hard to code for variable width tools, and I’m sure JD have gone to the effort.
Personally I don’t think such small gains are really worth chasing in AOG and there is much lower hanging fruit to attack first

For sure…

Would be nice to put AOG in the combine for RTK, but honestly that would be the only reason for me as the Deere system works great, and given you normally go in and out in a few hours, the RTK isnt really needed. Would be cool to come back the next day and not have to set a new a-b line though!

1 Like

Not only does the tilted implement lay down a narrower swath, but the surface area itself is greater on hillsides. (Actually maybe the two facts are just the same fact expressed differently) In reality it never seems to matter that much. I don’t think Deere’s system does any kind of accounting for that. If it did your lines would have to be all over the place and not straight. And like @CQuick says, the effect is usually so slight as to not be an issue.

Interesting,

The hillside angle thing has always been the main reason ive let it be / not bothered putting RTK / AOG on the combine as well as tractor…now im getting tempted into it!

Unreal detail here mate, I will be looking into that linear sensor and tablet as options for my next setup on an articulated Steiger Panther!! Thankyou!!

1 Like

Quick question for anyone familiar with the dual GPS setup for AOG, as I am unsure of the math behind it.

If the antennas for the current AOG dual setup GPS were placed on the combine header, much like a dozer blade setup, would you gain any advantage?
Would you be then correcting the actual header position, instead of the just centre of machine?

baraki, Could you share a picture how you made the mount for the panasonic?

Bonjour,
J’ai fait une instalation d’AOG sur ma lexion 750 avec un moteur électrique mais j’ai des souci avec les réglages, est ce que je peut avoir des photos de vos réglages pour voir une base de départ ?
Merci

2 Likes

il faut preciser ta version d AOG

j’ai pas encore eu le temps de valider mes reglage de V5 sur la moissonneuse en plein champs mais j’ai mis les reglages de Purpursuit des tracteur et ça semblait etre une bonne base et a jouer avec l’integrale…

voila l’exemple sur le tracteur et le volant qui est franc

sinon sur la moissonneuse, le réglage du volant se fait a plein régime car c’est pas le meme comportement

Je suis en V5. 1.5.
Merci comme sa j’aurai déjà une base.
oui la moissonneuse sa ce comporte bizarrement, jusque là le souci que j’avais c’est qu’elle n’arrive pas à fixé la ligne elle zigzage.

Si tu as la V5.1.5 tu as ce phenomene

passe a la V5.2 ca devrait resoudre ! clairement tes problemes .

C’est exactement ça que sa me fait je vais essayé cette nouvelle version des qu’il fera beau. Merci beaucoup pour l’aide.

Do you use a modem in the panasonic or do you have an external one for RTK corrections?

external, no drivers for the internal CFD1 W10 modem

I was asking you because I have a panasonic like yours and I could not find drivers in w10 for the ericson f5521 modem that it carries, if there are for w7 but NOT for w10.

It is exactly as you say, no drivers.

Is it just an mPCIe card inside the panasonic?
For about £10 you can get a Sierra Wireless MC7700 which has good drivers and community support

1 Like

Yes, they have the contacts exactly the same as that one, if there are drivers for w10 I will buy one to change it
Thank you