How to connect AgOpenGPS to solenoid valves (ARAG) BRAVO -180s

Are you building variable rate control or just want section control?

What are those red knobs on the valves? When the section is off is there flow through them?

If there is flow through the red knob with section off, set this to the same flow as the section. Then connect your AgOpen section relays between bravo and valve as below. The standard Bravo switch will be the master and must be ON, then AgOpen can turn it off, if the red knob is bypass and set same flow the Bravo will just think the section is ON but might be ok for your needs?

Thank you, I have the instruction manual.

CommonRail I want to disconnect sections from AgO automatically if there is an overlap. If I turn on the DPDT relay instead of the switches, so that they turn on from the AgO, then I will have all the BRAVO functions that are there. The relays will act as switches. AgO will turn the sections on or off. The switches reverse polarity + \ - - / +. I’ve already figured it out. It will be the same if you turn on / off the section manually.

Yes, if the section is closed, then the liquid is discharged.

Thanks. I will think about this proposal.

Yes, I think it will be possible to try to connect the AgO relay in series to the open circuit of the solenoid valves. There is a bypass for the drain. The pressure and flow rate will remain the same. Only the section will be disabled. This should work, thanks for the tip. I’ll try to try it tomorrow. The new sprayer has not yet been used. I will pour water and try.

Will it be enough to commute one wire? Or do you need to switch only 2 wires?

If used as 2wire you must swap/switch two wires.

If used as 3wire you must only switch the single 3rd wire.

But I think you are currently using two wire mode so you have to switch two wires (the 3rd is not connected)

Thanks. Understood.

I am trying to launch ARDUINO with BLUETOOTH. As if only one-way communication. I run it on the table. Nothing except BLUETOOTH is connected. Maybe you need to enable it on ARDUINO to make it work.

TX-RX connected
RX-TX

mika9521

Additionally:
Bravo 300S interface to AGOPENGPS
The interface is my own project - it is the ESP32 which mediates between the Bravo computer and the switches. The system can operate autonomously or in the mode with AGOPEN. I removed the original board with switches, did a reverse engineering and designed my own PCB - matching plug and play in place of the original PCB:
Oryg PCB:

I use transistors to emulate physical switch by esp32 and read physical switches state. In manual mode it works normally but in auto AOG is sensing data to esp and set outputs :wink:!0131f066e6da0b27886d1356a35a0b3ff4398e46_2_666x500

Project by Mika9521, try to ask if it helps you.

2 Likes

Thanks. But where can you find and ask

Is a user here in the forum

Thanks. I could not find.

It worked with bluetooth. Incorrectly set the bitrate 38400. By switching, I have already decided. As I progress, I will upload photos, videos. There was one unresolved issue. How to program. So that tact buttons are used instead of switches. ARDUINO MTZ8302 Firmware

How can you program that the sections would be switched on / off from an impulse (tact button)AOG_SectionControl_Arduino_Nano/AOG_SectionControl_Arduino_Nano.ino at master · mtz8302/AOG_SectionControl_Arduino_Nano · GitHub

I have bravo 300 and bravo 300s, if you need images to carry out the project, I am ready to help you.

Thanks. I have a user manual. And what exactly do you have.

Hello, is it possible to buy a interface for the bravo 330s from you?

Hello. not yet. I am already waiting for components from China.