Hydraforce SP10-57C Control

Quick question,

To run with a pair of solenoids on a hydraforce SP1057C style valve,

Can you run it with one side of each solenoid grounded and then the hot side to both output terminals on a cytron board? Or would I need to run two cytrons, and connect each solenoid directly?

Cheers

You need only 1 cytron

1 Like

Perfect thanks, thats what I was thinking / hoping, Sorry not sure how I had missed that diagram before!

Hello Darren,
What is exactly your hydraulic scheme ?
For open center systems with classic orbitrol (non reactive and not high oil flow)
and relief valve in the orbitrol,
I thought about this scheme with sp10-57c which is not so complicated.
Any thought, comments or remarks are well come ?
sMvfENO
francois

There are two versions of the hydraforse valve, a -57c with all 5 ports closed at rest, and the “brake release” version -58c you refer to.
Copy from top of the web page ##### SP10-58C — Spool-Type, 5-Way, 3-Position
for Brake Release applications####
Brake release link here:
SP10-58C

All 5 closed link here:

I remembered reading the following lines(pasted underneath) from page 3 in link, some time ago, that is why I don´t think you can connect as you have done and still have proportional regulation.(Oil pressure is on the wrong side og the springs that the coils magnetism work against to regulate)
Also I am unsure of how much flow can pass through port 1, which they say is intended for load sense.

Comparison of SP10-47, SP10-57 & SP10-58 link: 404 - Page Not Found

The diagram below shows the cross section of the SP10-47D and the SP10-57D. Also
shown are the symbols that represent the various products available in this series of
valves and includes the 58 style. While the model code denotes that this is a five ported
valve, the hydraulic function is similar to the 47 product in that there is an inlet port, tank
port and two work ports. The fifth port is intended to be used to feed a load sense line.
The port logic is different for the 57 and 58 compared to the 47 style symbol. Port 5 is
the inlet port on the 57 and 58 where port 3 is the inlet port for the 47. Also, port 3 is the
tank port for the 57 and 58 while port 1 is tank in the 47. Because of these differences,
the manifold designer cannot simply stretch the block to add the load sense functionality.
Instead, if the design of a block that originally used a 47 style valve is migrated to one
that uses a 57 style, the manifold design will need to change significantly.

2 Likes

In the “getting started with pcb hardware for beginners” section there is a link to one with cytron md13s and valves

Edit 20 nov 2020: Remember to check the video knob at top of your screen, to get latest videos.
Also check your downloaded support folder for diagrams and more, you get todays version here:
Be aware the +12 and GND for IBT_2 (if you use IBT_2) is still switched in diagram Steer.png, so check carefully in real life.

Hoping for a bit more help please ! ?
I have a Hydra force SP10 57C on order, which is on back order from the USA unfortunately, so I have a bit of time before I can get my autosteer up and running properly. However, I am trying to make sure I am good to go when it arrives and as such have today been in a field trying to check that I am getting a signal out of the IBT motor driver. I have everything connected as per the diagram earlier in this thread but when I enable autosteer in AOG ( or at least I think I am doing ! ), I assumed I would be able to get a reading using a multimeter with the black lead to ground and the other, in turn, on what will be the output wires to the two solenoids, which would/should change from one to the other when I moved the tractor to either side of an AB line (i.e off line). However , I seem to have only got 4.8 volts out of one of the wires and nothing on the other ,regardless of where the tractor is positioned.
Hoping I am doing something stupid and there might be simple solution please?
Thanks

Several possible faults.
You tell that YOU move tractor to both sides of AB line, and then test, in this situation you should also drive faster than 1 km/h to get reading because AOG turns off under 1km/h!
It is better to test like Brian do in the setup video: AutoSteer Settings From Default Config - YouTube then you should get reading when moving slider in autosteer configuration.

What ino du you use to your Nano setup (i suppose wire setup as the OLD WIKI for IBT_2 )
OLD WIKI wiring does not fit new PCBv2 ino, you must change pin numbers or wiring to make it work!
Also if you use PCBv2 ino you must have a switch/ground to pin PD6 as MylArti told in another thread!

MylArti

23d

You need to connect the D6 pin to ground. otherwise, the PWM pins D3 and D9 will not output voltage.
in AutosteerPVCBv2.ino setup…

#define SwitchOrButton 0 // set to 0 to use steer switch as switch
// set to 1 to use steer switch as button
// Button/switch pulls pin low to activate

//--------------------------- Switch Input Pins ------------------------
#define STEERSW_PIN 6 //PD6

Hi Larsvest, thanks for your reply.
I am on the old wiki wire setup as you guessed, as this is my first attempt, but I plan to go on to PCB in the near future, once I get this one going !
And I am using PCBv2 ino, which hopefully explains my problems. I didn’t realise that the ino had been changed and doesn’t suit the Wiki diagrams any more. Are there any up to date diagrams anywhere?
Brian’s schematic on the GitHub is presumably the one to follow ( i.e. matches the ino v2)? However, it doesn’t make as much sense to me as someone with only school knowledge (and a long time ago) of circuit diagrams!
The schematic also shows two PWM pins and a DIR to the motor, whereas the wiki just shows one pwm and a dir to the IBT 2, along with the 5 volts of course. Would you be able to clarify this side of the Arduino pins, to the motor, please?
Also, as you say I have had the autosteer switch on the wrong pin due to the old wiki too.
Many thanks for having patience with newcomers!

I don´t have a drawing, but the information needed is in the PCBv2 ino just after the setup zone!
So L-en(and R-en) is now PD4 (D4)
Left pwm/dir is PD3 (D3)
Right pwm/dir is D9
And the new ino require (as mentioned by MylArti) that PD6 is connected to ground(perhaps through a switch)

//////////////////// *********** Motor drive connections **************888
//Connect ground only for cytron, Connect Ground and +5v for IBT2

//Dir1 for Cytron Dir, Both L and R enable for IBT2
#define DIR1_RL_ENABLE 4 //PD4

//PWM1 for Cytron PWM, Left PWM for IBT2
#define PWM1_LPWM 3 //PD3

//Not Connected for Cytron, Right PWM for IBT2
#define PWM2_RPWM 9 //D9

//--------------------------- Switch Input Pins ------------------------
#define STEERSW_PIN 6 //PD6
#define WORKSW_PIN 7 //PD7
#define REMOTE_PIN 8 //PB0

The minimum change in setup zone would be to these two:
put number 2 after Driver board! (for IBT_2)
and put 0 after A2D_Convertor_Mode (if you use WAS (potentiometer or?) direct to the pin A0 on arduino nano board!

#define Motor_Valve_Driver_Board 2 // 1 = Steering Motor/valves + Cytron MD30C, MD13A Driver
// 2 = Steering Motor/valves + IBT 2 Driver

#define A2D_Convertor_Mode 0 // 0 = No ADS, connect Wheel Angle Sensor (WAS) to Arduino A0
// Really try to use the ADS, it is much much better.
// 1 = ADS1115 Single Input Mode - Connect Signal to A0
// These sensors are DIY installed ones.
// 2 = ADS1115 Differential Mode - Connect Sensor GND to A1, Signal to A0
// These sensors are factory installed and powered by tractor oem wiring.

Thank you, I will try it tomorrow

looks (too!) simple, I question connecting steering cylinder using simple Tees… You guess there is no leakage in Orbitrol as using Autosteering prop? valve… Not sure!

If orbitrol is non reacting, it can work with tees.

Just a thankyou to Larsvest - with your help I now have output on both sides of the IBT-2 !

Has anyone tested yet if it works just with 5 tees and an SP10-57C on a tractor with closed center and non reactive orbitrol (like most younger deeres I think…)?
If it works its a quite easy setup I think. I’m thinking about ordering one or two of those valves :wink:

There is none in stock at savery… 112 days… :flushed:

LS needs to be connected through shuttle valve, if there is another valve using the same LS line. Other 4 can be connected with tees.
But I recommend using flow control valve at P line, and maybe 3-way pressure reducing valve too to make steering smoother.

Thanks for your fast answer!

This is because the other valve mustn’t get the rising pressure on LS line, or what is the reason for the shuttle valve in the LS line? Is it unnecessary if I would use the “power beyond” port on the tractor?
Can you recommend specific components for pressure reducing and flow control or give me some specs (sizing etc.)?

Yes

If steering valve is the only device that is connected to power beyond LS port, shuttle valve is not needed.

I’ve used these:
https://www.hydrauliikkapumppu.fi/media/files/stuc.pdf G3/8
https://www.hydrauliikkapumppu.fi/media/files/vrp-r-paineenalennus.pdf VRP-R 05.90.27-03-02-10

OK… That sounds more complicated and expensive than I thought before…

We need these extra components because the SP10-57C is too large for our purpose?! The problem is: there are no other 5/3 electro-proportional valves out there for sale, right?
What size would fit our needs? The SP10-57C has 22,7 liters/min. There is the SP08 series which doesn’t have a cofiguration fitting our needs (every line closed in middle position), but there is a valve called SP08-57D which has 9,5 liters/min, but it opens the steering lines to the tank in middle position.
One option might be to apply nonreturn-valves on the steering lines (2+4) or/and an electric 2/2 valve to close the steering lines when inactive. Another option could be to contact the company if it is possible to produce a valve “SP08-57C”, similar to the SP10-57C but with less flow.

What do you think? Is 9,5 liters/min (max) the range we need to save the pressure reducing and flow control?
Or does anyone know similar valves from a different seller?

I think 9.5 L / min would be more than enough for maximum flow.