Hydraulic autosteer for OC systems (no LS)

I checked with my equipment and I have orbitrols everywhere that the pressure from the actuator side does not turn.
I also gave an oil accumulator to ensure quick response and smooth operation of the system. In total, I have all the elements at hand so I think I will test such a system.

Could you please specify what OR stands for? Google wouldn´t tell.

I think he means a shuttle valve… Oil goes left OR right

OR - Open Center Reaction

Orbitrol OSPC 100 Or designed for hydraulic steering of tractors

agricultural machinery, forklifts, excavators, harvesters and construction machinery.

Wherever uneven ground should be felt on the steering wheel, this is a requirement

an example in orchard tractors that drive between delicate windrows. Operator feeling at

The steering wheel that drives onto the prism has time to reduce the driving path, preventing crop damage.
Also standard are orbitrols that do not transfer pressure increase from the actuator side to the steering wheel. Those that respond are only mounted for exceptional applications

Thank you, that makes sense.
Just too bad both my Hürlimann from 1997 and 2003 and also the 1996 Same i had earlier have/had that OR type orbitrol, and that is why I use a 6/2 valve to shift between normal steering and autosteering.

1 Like

I have completed and bought this valve plate:

The parts cost about $ 500.

I have already installed it on the tractor and I want to test it but I still have a problem with electronics, when I connect the BNO055, the screen starts to spin like a carousel! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong …

BNO055 not working, what BNO055 you have , link or picture.

1 Like

Same thing will happen if you activate roll and there is no roll connected. So maybe there is no signal from BNO055.
I have also seen the spinn in an early version of AOG, then it helped to “zero” roll.
another possibility is the lat and longitude, do you have them set to the place where your actual field is created. (to make sure, create new field with lat and long set to your place. (gps coordinates)
It could happen if you play with a field created in simulator where the SIM cords have not been set.

Also very fair price for all the parts. Do you have part and valveblock numbers?
At first I did not understand the function of the second pressure reducing valve, but then I found this explanation stated under fig. 1 and fig. 2 https://gpmhydraulic.com/what-is-a-hydrostat/

Yes, that’s exactly it, it’s pressure compensation and I think it should give good results.
I still have a small problem but unfortunately I don’t know much about electronics and I have no idea what layout to use. It is a control of a changeover / relief valve. He should get 12v as soon as AG wants to control the cylinder.
Maybe someone will suggest how to connect it?

I use a ibt_2 motor driver, so I have the l_en+R_en to activate a relay that power my 6/2 valve
Or connect it to the steer switch (not a button) so when on (connection to GND) it will also draw the valve (other side of the valve spool is +12 V)

I installed it on the Case Puma 225 and tested it. It works very well!!!
Surely you still need to calibrate everything but already at the initial settings the tractor travels smoothly, very smoothly and without oscillations.I think the pressure compensator does a good job.

1 Like

How much heat does it generate while autosteer is on ? I am assuming that the entire time autosteer is on the orbital is bypassing, my tractor has a small hyd pump and reservoir for the steering only so heat would be bad .

You can use a priority valve to reduce heat. If the steervalve doesn’t need oil, it will flow thru the OC orbitrol and back to the tank

I guess @baraki is using a OC bang bang valve. With those ON/OFF types of valves you can get a OC type

Edit: sorry… I’m wrong with that… he has a pressure compensator, so if the steering corrections are small, the relief will open but it will increase heat to the oil

Hello Successful test, does the system work?

It works very well. I already have a proven solution for OC and Ls systems. Both tested, work without problems all the time.

Where did you bought that valve plate block? It looks interesting

This is the Italian company Atos (plates are Chinese). I have ordered a dozen or so items that I should get in the near future. As if someone needed I will try to help.

Does the plate is custom made?

Also it could be great if there could be connection for pressure switch/transducer on orbitrol.
Mounting encoder on steering wheel not so easy.

As I understand this block will not work on reaction orbitrol?

For now, these are typical cetop plates and valves, but I ordered a special dedicated plate according to my guidelines in which all functions will be integrated.
There is no problem with installing the pressure switch disconnecting the atoster. I mount it in a line between orbitrol and the 6-way orbitrol shut-off valve when we turn on the autopilot.