Hydraulic valve assemblies for Every tractor, for every type of hydraulic system

Good afternoon @baraki , I have two curiosities to understand the system. It uses two relief valves (non LS system). Following the circuit from P. We find the first relief valve that if the set of proportional solenoid valves is closed, allows the oil to continue through T to the orbitrol.

If one of the solenoid valves is energised, this relief valve closes and then the oil continues to the diverter solenoid valve and non-return valve.

Following the system from the non-return valve I see that we find the second diverter solenoid valve and also the external pilot of the first relief valve.

I donā€™t quite understand this part. What exactly does the second relief valve do? I donā€™t understand the connection of the pressure switch, as I see pressure is constantly coming through the circuit from T.

I would be grateful if you could clarify these doubts. Thank you in advance.

Did you end up rigging one up?

No not yet, I couldnā€™t figure out the system

Reece Basnett
(780) 772-0349

I can try to explain.
First we must set some parameters.
let us say orbitrol is connected directly to Tank (does not continue to gearbox which could set pressure at 25 bar) then I assume pressure at the P is somewhat 2 to 5 bar.
Now insert the valveblok:
When adjustment screw at the second relief valve is out letting oil direct to T , and therefore not doing anything to the first relief-valve. So still no pressure to do any turning with autosteer (If both cut off 3/2 valves are energized, and one of autosteer solenoid are energized)
Turning the screw of second relief valve in will add more pressure to the system.
When the two cut off valves are on, and you turn the steering wheel, then oil canĀ“t go anywhere and pressure will spike at the P side of orbitrol (T of valveblok) this will be registered by the pressure sensor and turn off autosteer, at whatever pressure you have set with the pressure sensor adjustment screw.(but must be above the 2 to 5 Bar.)

1 Like

Hello guys, specially baraki, I dont know how much power you have in creating the valve, but is there way to replace two 4/2 valves controlled by two coils by one double valve like on photo? Or is it useless? I am little bit dumb in this topic but I have to askā€¦ :smiley:

There are no 6/2 cartridge valves available on the market with the right flow, at a good price and availability. The largest Hydraforce valve is 7.5L of flow, Sun is 15L but still not enough. You can use a monolithic popular 6/2 valve, I have a version of the block with such a valve screwed to the main block, but this type of valves is more emergency compared to 3/2 cartridge valves, I had cases of dangerous blocking of such valves in the cut-off position of the steering wheel. If the spool spring breaks in this type of valve, the valve will lock in the steering cut-off position. In 3/2-way valves, the oil pressure alone always pushes the spool into the engaged manual steering position, which is preferable for safety reasons.
Alternatively, you can use 1 pilot operated 6/2 valve, cartridge valves of this type are available with adequate flow but the price is $700.
Cheaper and more common are 3/2 pilot operated valves, I have developed a version of the block with such valves but it still needs to be tested. However, for safety reasons, even in this case, it is necessary to install 1 solenoid valve that will cut off the line that activates the shut-off valves.

1 Like

Uhmā€¦ ok thank you for explainā€¦ I was just curiousā€¦ :smiley: cool thenā€¦ Im really happy that it is more safer than only one 6/2ā€¦ I think IĀ“ll buy oneā€¦ (the normal versionā€¦ :smiley: )

And another questionā€¦ how are these two valves (3/2) controlled? I see that you send pic where to connect them, but which signal (pin) from arduino controlls them? Is it D4 pin?

You must download support files, which you find by the AOG program files on github.
Watch the video linked to at that page, and also some in the you-tube at top of this discourse page.
Latest stable version here. Release Release 5.6.2 Ā· farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS Ā· GitHub
For old PCBĀ“s (kaupoi or PCB V2) D4 is only correct when motor driver IBT_2 is selected. (for Cytron it would be PWM2 at D9)
But D4 could drive a relay that power the two 3/2 with 12v.
See schematics and steer.png

1 Like

Yes I have IBT_2 and yes I was thinking about connecting relay that will switch valves, but I wasnā€™t sure if it would be good method. (fast enough to switch them or something like thatā€¦)

Edit: and another questionā€¦ Is there something that needs to be done after mounting the valve block to the system? I mean like make it air-free? I will mount it on new holland t6.

As long as the relay is faster than your finger activating autosteer :grinning:

I have never done anything about air in steering lines. Steering full lock a couple of times with steering wheel probably bring most air to tank.

1 Like

Air will get out it self by T wich goes to a none pressure line to hydraulic tank or gearbox.

Myself edit the steerbutton that brings 5v to d5 thats switch a 5v relay that switch 12v to a 12v 30amp relay that switches the encoders from a Agleader steering valve. Works great.

2 Likes

What type and size are the fittings on this valve? Local parts store was having a hard time matching them.

Whats the price for a Opencenter non-LS Valve?

I changed them, BSP/JIC 3/8-3/4 and 1/4-9/16 fittings.

As a standard, we mount metric connectors 18/1.5 and 14/1.5 to LS.
Block threads are 3/8 and 1/4 inch BSP
If you want a different type of thread, just say when ordering.

600E + przesyłka

How is your shipping situation? I ordered valve couple weeks ago by email but havenā€™t received any info since 11.11.

Could you send the email again, I must have missed something.

Anybody already installed one??

Can you send to Austria?

1 Like