I need help

hey guys. I am a farmer living in Türkiye and I want to install an automatic steering system on my tractor, but I have no programming experience. Could you please guide me on the necessary components and where to procure them?

On the right is everytihing you will ever need to assemble

Hello, thank you for your answer first. If I use a Windows tablet, will I still need a motor driver?

You don’t need a motordriver for a simple guidance system.

So how do I connect the motor to the tablet, and won’t I need a sensor to measure wheel angle?

Just buy an AIO. It will be the easiest and most reliable.
Then go to the Other Components section, and start ordering!

For autosteer u need motor driver for steering by hand you dont.
Its called guidance steer where tablet tells you steer left steer right and you follow it. But its hard to do in less than 10cm precision. If you want 1-2cm u need motor to drive for you.

2 Likes

I have a v4.1 pcb and rtk base that works fine in a tractor but am trying to use in a spray coupe without a wheel angle sensor and the results are very erractic. Is there a setting I need to change so it is not looking for a was correction?

I forgot to add that I’m steering it manually because it doesn’t have power steering and I don’t think the phidgets motor would run it.

I am not aware of setting in aog to not look for WAS, but when used as lightbar, wheel angle doesn’t matter. You dont even engage steer button. So your problem is not lack of WAS.

If wheels turned to one side on screen bothers you. You can edit sketch or add 5v pot that will output 2.5v to simulate WAS for pcb.

Add IMU to pcb if you dont have one already. It will work better.

You did all required configurations? Maybe have recording of screen? As similar symptoms can occur if F9P is not working at 10hz.

My son ,who’s been running it in the field, just reminded me that it is skipping 2 24 inch rows going one way and double spraying 1 row the other way Also the tractor on the screen appears to be at an angle to the line.

Could be the measurements for the antenna are wrong(the centre measurement) and possibly width set too wide, check there isnt an offset figure entered by mistake

What direction does the arrow ( just left of tractor on screen) have? Pointing up or down?

If down, AOG think you drive backwards, then hit tractor on screen to change direction.

Looks like adding a pot is the answer. We got rained out so just barely tried it, let you know later. Thanks guys.

A 1:1 voltage divider, then set “WAS Zero” in AOG to 0

th-2869357860

Help figure out the jittery wheels when driving straight down the line they keep looking for something? Wizard is ok. The steering angle sensor is working. The flux was reduced and increased and the integral set to zero. I think I have already reduced and increased all the settings. My setting.

Reduce minimum to move setting. If too much wheels never stop moving left-right.

Is this motor or hydraulics?

The spread between min to move and maximum limit seems too small, either you need to increase max, or decrease min or do both.

Baraki hydraulic

I could tell from maximum limit its low… if it was a motor it probably wouldnt work good. But on my tractor with barakis valve its also set to 70 I belive. But proportional gain must be around 30-40 not 100