Improved konfiguration files for f9p with firmware 1.13

You have to enable uart communication

Use u-Center

Goto ubx cfg msg and enable

Nmea on uart2

Nmea gga and vtg with an 1 after it

2 Likes

Are these GGA and VTG the only two nmea messages AOG “needs”?

I am struggling with non stable RTK position in aog and can’t get it stable.
Base sends RTCM 1005(10), 1074(1),1084(1),1094(1) and 1230(10) via lora, to uart2 only RTCM protocol is enabled (base)
Of course on rover also RTCM protocol enabled on uart2, and on USB to AOG only NMEA at 10Hz. I get fast RTK fix but something seems wrong, when I stand still my position jumps about 15cm multiple times a second. Maybe because of too many NMEA sentences sent to aog?

Yes you only need gga and vtg. If you send more then needed you will probably get that jumping.

1005 is ARP coordinates should be 0.1 hz, it never changes so it just eats up bandwidth on the radio. Its the position of the base station so its the same message every time.

1230 should be 1hz as well

That’s where the (10) is for, at 10Hz it will only send the 1005 and 1230 at 1Hz. The base to rover via lora is working ok now. Also V5 seems to run ok now with only gga and vtg enabled and only nmea protocol via usb. Thanks !

I was looking in U center last night and could not find gga and vtg? where is this setting so I double check that mine is correct.
thanks

I think it’s under view, configuration then scroll down left side to messages, scroll through messages pop up window down to nmea, you will see a bunch including GGa, VTG, rmc etc. If it’s on should have a checkmark in box beside the way you are sending it AoG. If you change you need to click send on lower left corner

1 Like

There is a Search -box in “Genaration 9 Advanced Configuration View” in U-Center.
Write GGA there and all those CFG-items that have “GGA” turn red…etc…

Good day! Would you need to configure the base to your spec in order for the rover to receive efficiently? Or can I leave the base as is from factory settings?

You can leave the base file as it is. The only thing you need to do is let it survey-in its position to the desired accuracy, then when its finds the X Y Z coordinates put them into fixed mode and thats it.

How read base position in u-center with this config?

The links are not working. I am trying to set up a rover.

1 Like

@Aortner the link for the rover is either broken or private see pic

However if you could detail some of the settings I would like to know what is changed from original. There is maybe another post on here that has the setting detailed bi I haven’t found it. I am using my F9P by itself before I get into RTK.

1 Like

It could be broken from moving to the new server.

Busy solving this problem!!

3 Likes

Ya I get that. Just curious are you using the F9P without RTK? Does it work out of box for regular GPS?

I have used it without RTK, it’s pretty much the same settings expect with rtk it’s advised not to use SBAS (WAAS) but if you’re planning to not use rtk then you could probably enable SBAS. I don’t know what default settings are, I think I’d still load aortner’s config as a starting point.

Ok where I’m hanging up is what the actual settings are in Ucenter. The searching I’ve done doesn’t bring anything up.

It is much less hassle to just get the config file.

I set up my own, you will be clicking for a very long time there are a lot of settings and tweaks to remember.
Took about an hour from scratch and I knew what I was looking for. Also they have thoroughly tested the stock AOG config.

1 Like