Integrated ethernet on pcb

IMG_4054

Got the BotBlox SwitchBlox ethernet switches today. They look well made. Kaupoi ethernet AOG pcb’s should be here tomorrow or Friday.

3 Likes

IMG_0015
Haven’t had time to finish, but this is what I have so far. Length came out to the same as Brian’s psb v2
Bottom right is 19v power supply for tablet
Upper right is transistor level shifter that Brian suggested to run the Danfoss, instead of a motor driver. Just put it on to test.IMG_0023
View recent photos
Got it all put together. I’ll try to get it tested tomorrow

4 Likes

I cant wait to get a setup like this in our tractors. post lots of pics if you can

Will do. I posted on Benjamin’s post for the dual pcb. I want to put taller headers on the f9p’s to get a little more clearance between the antenna of the f9p and the ethernet port, but dont know what to order.
I will try to get this one tested tomorrow, if possible, then I think we need to do a little re-arranging on Kaupoi’s board. I want to test the transistor circuit to decide whether to keep it or not. If it works, I would like to integrate it into the top board and move the ethernet switch over top of it, to reduce the overall height.
Still lots to do, but coming along.
Edit
Got autosteer going fine, but haven’t gotten the GPS board working yet.
The power out pins by the capacitors, and the one adjacent to it on the autosteer board are dead. I jumped the relay, since I have it on a switch. Was wondering if that may have been it.
The transistor module works, but only goes from 5.8v to 7.9. Could change resistors, maybe. But not enough voltage range to be functional. Everything else works, including the ethernet switch.
Just need to spend some time with the GPS, and find out why it’s not working, and why there is no power to esp32, without usb.

1 Like

IMG_0039 IMG_0040 IMG_0041
Okay, got dual working with heading and roll. Rtk is not working. I’ll do some more looking into that.
I put GPS board on top, so I can get to the USB ports, if needed. Put a short USB cable on the nano, so I can load ino, if needed.
I have GPS on wifi right now, have been unsuccessful in getting Matthias’ latest to load. Keeps saying a folder is missing. I’ll post a picture of it in a little bit.
Also switched back to cytron driver. I want to mess with the transistor some more, but too close to needing the tractor.
Edit
It doesnt show rtk.
Cant get Mattias’ beta to do anything but search for wi-fi, and I dont know enough to fix it. GPS is still running off of older code and wi-fi

IMG_0050 IMG_0051 IMG_0053 IMG_0029 IMG_0031 IMG_0034
Top picture is the pin that has to be removed from tx2 of right, f9p header, so you can receive rtk, via radio tx.
Second is just a pic of rtk fix
Third is everything working off of a single ethernet cable
The others are just pictures of the Kaupoi autosteer board assembled. Since then, I have removed the yellow jumper wire where the relay goes, and put the relay in place. I didn’t have power on the lugs farthest from the input poles, and though that might be the problem. Make sure you check all of the 12v out pins for power when your finished to make sure.
Since we are using dual antenna, I only installed ads. No mma or bno. Use both of the 7805 regulators, and all capacitors and resistors, diodes, etc. I didn’t put the optocoupler in for remote( steering release encoder), I don’t have one installed, and dont plan to.
The power connection for the ethernet switch is right against the big relay, so use some forethought when assembling. If you use a screw terminal, make sure its facing away from the relay.
On the ethernet switch power wire, there are 4 wires, two sets of two. 2 ground and 2 power. I twisted both power wires together and tinned them, and the same with the ground. Just for durability.
I want to run this setup through planting, and then redraw everything, and try to tidy things up, and maybe condense a little. And am definatly going to get rid of the weatherpack connectors. They take up more room than the pcb’s.
The 19v power converter is not going to work. It just gets too hot. Trying to decide if I want to put it in the compartment with the steer module, or just run 12v to the tablet, and mount the molded regulator on the back of my table dock.
Any ethernet connection to any port on the switch. Doesnt matter to it.

2 Likes

Sounds like everything is goin good

What is the difference between “12 V out” and “12 V out SW” on the Koupoi board

Didn’t look at the traces, but I’m sure 12v out is from input voltage direct, and 12v sw is energized with the relay. I’ll take a look at the board to confirm

i just checked and the 12 v out is powered by relay but didnt get anything from the out SW with relay powered or not maybe im missing something

Does it need some device in the BTS 422E2
But it looks like your using it to power your dual board so you must have power their

Yes, power dual board off of one of the 12v out on autosteer board. What’s the bts 422e2 ?

I dont have any power at the 12 V out SW just the plain 12 V out their is a spot for something o the Kaupoi board for something called BTS422E2 looks like it jumps power to the 12 V out SW

I never looked at that close enough. It looks like a relay or switch goes there. Looks like we can just jumper the bottom 2 pins on the left, or the inward most 2 pins on the 3 pin side.
Glad you saw that, mine was dead on the other 2 outputs, and I didn’t know why. I just put a jumper from one of the others. Have to go back and fix that.
Maybe Kaupoi will enlighten us as to the part number

Oh i see. I didnt see the jumper i guess

20210417_174118
I circled in yellow the two I believe will get us going

AAh. Also when i pull up the web interface i would appreciate some advice about what works for you. Do i basically just put in my antenna distance from each other, then half in the movement to the left. And then my heighth. And then leave height in AOG is zero? Thanks.

Leave your height and virtual offset at zero, and put them in AOG.your offset in AOG will be a negative number in cm. That way if you lose rtk, the tractor will only move the correction amount instead of jumping half the anntenna distance.
Also set data transfer to ethernet.
I set wifi timeout time to 255 to start with, so I can use the web interface to make changes until everything is set, then set it back to 10 minutes, so it’s not using processor all the time.
Correction. Put anntenna hight in esp and zero in AOG, as it calculates roll before sending it to AOG

BTS442E

More on this topic:

1 Like

Is there something that will work in place of the BTS422E2, it’s not readily available in the US ?
Thanks for telling us about this little surprise. I have been using a opto relay to send 12v to my danfoss valve. If I understand correctly, this will power those 2 terminals when I engage steer switch ? I noticed the traces go to a location under nano. Do I just jumper to the one I want to use in that place ?