Is rtk2go down

there was a notice on their website last night about doing an update as it has had a lot of malicious connections lately

1 Like

Yes. When it’s all back up and running, you need to go here to register your base station: http://www.rtk2go.com/new-reservation/

If you don’t need to be on the map then you don’t appear to have to register for the centipede caster.

Handy as a backup if nothing else.

I’ve had two or three tractors out on it today.

2 Likes

Sounds useful, so just point your base towards Centipede then you are good to go?

Looks like the same stations as flepos in belgium. But they have a border range of 15 km. So you can not use it in nearby countrys

Can we use it in netherlands??

We started to publish our stations in Hungary. Half of them are on the map by now :slight_smile:
Soon we’ll have over 50% of the country covered.

3 Likes

I have been having problems with RTK2GO but just noticed on their website there is a new login process for clients:

IMPORTANT It is REQUIRED that all data consumers (Rover devices) provide a valid email address in the NTRIP Client user account name field when accessing the Caster. If needed, please change your connection details to add a suitable email as the user name.

1 Like

Unlisted centipede mount points are an issue for FJ Dynamics users as FJ only has the ability to pick a mount point from a caster table.

This has been the case for a while but the present issues are independent of that.

Looks to me that most of the rtk2go.com usage comes from AgOpenGPS :slight_smile:

http://rtk2go.com:2101/SNIP::STATUS

1 Like

What would it take to host a NTRIP server more reliably then rtk2go?

As a community service for other farmers to use you mean?

You need a software for the caster:
BKG Professional NtripCaster (used by centipede as well I believe)
Features and Pricing List – Simple NTRIP Caster – SNIP (too expensive for us)

I suspect for most of us, time rather than the money would be the issue. Centipede has been faultless up to now although I do intend to go back to Rtk2go when the issues seem to be sorted.

im not getting issues with rtk2go as far as i know