John Deere 8320 hydraulic steering

Soon I’ll have. We’re just ordering parts for a friends Valtra with EHi and PVED-CC controller. You can build the same thing with PVG16 parts, but price will be only marginally cheaper. The EHi comes with everything, including LS resolver valve, cutoff valve, reaction cutoff valve etc. in the same package.

What is the approximate cost of an EHi valve?

Hi @nut !!
Thanks for the reply! Can you share configuration part numbers and schematics?

Depends on the controller and variant, CC or CLS, either side of 2 keur.

I will as I have double checked the numbers before ordering, lots and lots of options on the variant codes😬

Thanks. That gives be a much better idea of what hydraulic conversion like this could cost.

As a reference, if you build it from PVG16 valve body, it’ll be around 1300 eur, depending on actuator and including the PVFC valve. If you want additionally a separate cut-off valve, add maybe 100 eur.

From your experience, what type of setup do you recommend? Are there pros and cons?
Thanks!!!

Hi AussieRhys,

Do you know what is the model number of your valve? And i am guessing your actuator is PWM?

Thanks!!

Cetop valves work very well. I have developed all-in-one compact blocks, also screwed to the orbitrol, and my own cnc machines for their production. I’ll be over my tests in a few days.

2 Likes

@baraki very interesting, let me know if you have more information about your setup!!! Do you have pictures or spec sheets?

BTW, I would like to see you CNC machine, one day i will build one too!!

Thanks!

23 / 5000
I did not translate correctly, the cnc is not my production, it is the Haas UMC 500

This is more than a hobby machine!!! Impressive!

How is this valve build coming along? I am looking for a good supplier…

After a couple months of research, I decided to change de plans and go with an electric steering instead. Mostly for safety reasons while road driving. Also, I tried several times to contact Fluid System with no reply. The Danfoss valve looks really nice, but was for me, a little overwhelming with the many options. So, I purchased a Keya CAN controlled electric motor. I am in the process of modifying the Arduino code to control the motor via CAN BUS. I am using Kaupoi’s PCB with minimal components since I will not be using the pwm motor controller. Ardusimple for the GPS and Honeywell RTY090LVNAX as WAS. I guess the topic title is irrelevant now…

Did you already succeed with the Keya CAN motor?

Also look in this thread, there is a esp32 “ino”

1 Like

Not yet, but on the bench, everything is working. I am in the process of installation on the tractor. I have to modify the steering column to fit the motor. I am waiting for the parts to arrive from the machine shop. I should get them in the following weeks. I will post my code once I get everything working on the tractor.

I am also building a WAS holder for a reliable installation.

Are you considering this option?

1 Like

The WAS holder I am building.

1 Like

For anyone else coming here, note that a standard hydraulic valve will probably not work on the 8x20 series. Read this post. If we get this figured out, I will post our list of parts and assembly.