John Deere hitch control / hms button activation

Hi again, I´ve questions about the resistor configuration of my 4N33 system. What do you think of this:

In my test with proto pcb I only mounted resistors on the 5 outputs and the 5V inputs. Would the rest be necessary?

I don’t know a lot about it, but I don’t think you need resistors on both sides of the LED side of the 4N33. But I don’t think it hurts anything.

As for the other side of the 4N33 I’m not sure what’s required.

you can do something like this if you expect burst disturbances. Very sure you won’t need it here, so the 1k is enough as long as you don’t need to limit the elevator current for any reason I don’t know.

The voltages are low and the original switch just dead shorted the wires together, so we can assume the current flow was already quite low. I don’t think anything is needed on the switch side of the 4N33, but I don’t see any problem with a 330 ohm resistor on each output (although not sure which side of the transistor woulds be best).

Joe

this afternoon the real test with this HMS function with 4.3.1 version and the autosteer hydraulic lift version (Rear linkage / steer module - #12 by bricbric)

i enjoy because it is really fun and you can repeat task

but i have some concern about

First i dont know what happen but some time the function to lower is activate without reason?
(HMS is blinking not sure autosteer board or relay but probably some noise or bad contact)

Second the HMS switch dont like so much to be puch several time and cancel the procedure so sometime the function looks never work

Third when you want to catch the line manually and you activate autosteer near headland border AOG transfer immediatly an order to raise and quickly after autosteer board tranfer an other message to lower so result the linkage never down

So i think ino code need to be modified to avoid this trouble,

After activate the steer switch never raise the linkage only down can be accepted
or in headland cannot activate the raise and inside the headland never lower
the raise and lower need to be activated one time only in their activity field
this request will be adapted only as a kind of Button mode compare to valve request
(a manual switch on the screen will be also a bonus to test and use)

a video about this initial test

Waiting now V5 for test again

1 Like

Bricbric well done on the video!
I haven’t had the chance to test the hms for real in the field. Hopefully i will get the chance to test when we start planting maize soon.
I have only tested the 6930 (the first attempt I made soldering to the switches) as the 6210r (soldered to resistors) I assume will just work the same.
When testing I changed lift and lower time to 1 second as I believe this is the shortest amount of time the switch can be triggered, in the original ino.

Hello Saturday i can try AgOpenGPS V5 with Hydraulic lift in Autosteer board,

First thanks @BrianTee_Admin to add the PGN for autosteer board,
Thanks To @giotoma to adapt hydraulic lift in auto steer board with this code

"update broken link for ino modified "
Raise_and_lower_by_autosteer_D2_D5.ino

Thanks To @Vili to modify the icon to be more and more better

Even i was disapointed last time about uncontrol situation when we adapt some manual mode , Saturday test was done perfectly without trouble

No video because really similar to last one except V5 software

Lets check now the seed growing to see the result

Farmer helping Farmer!

1 Like

Hi!!!
I have loaded the Autosteer_USB_v5_0_MACHINE (2) file onto my autosteer PCB arduino but it doesn’t send a signal through D2 and D5. (I have defined a headland and the hydraullic lift icon appears green, the green and red arrows appear on the screen. AgOpenGPS-5.2.0 version). I miss something?

hello

Did you activate raise and lower in arduino setting and update the arduino code fom AOG?
?

This?:
I press to green and send+save.

First i loaded the Autosteer_USB_v5_0 and then with the one you posted here on April 26. With none it worked. What code do I need?

Thanks!

yes this menu

but

need to load the Ino modified in your autosteer board
reload the AOG value steer & the raise and lower (as you show)
physically add some relay to transform and isolated D2 D5 signal
connect the relay to switch of the tractor in parallèle

after start a field
make bondary, headland , AB line

activate the ABline , the headland, raise lower icone( need to be green) , auto section and accross the headland line
green or orange Arrow will be show action and autosteeer board send to D2D5 the action

if you want check the icon on this video at 2"06

it is so good !!! for me

6 Likes

Some request, so find additional information ( activate subtitle to have explanation)

Hardware so How to do it as example here: my test with John Deere 6010 & 6030P

Software How to upgrade the nano, How to set the nano, How to use it:

Arduino program for V5 : autosteer.ino adapted available here

Can be use with other brand if similar …

Farmer helping Farmer!

6 Likes

Have you tried if this .ino works with the latest AOG v5.5?

not yet

but i will try this week end

@Kaupoi because I m really curious about this new feature of 5.5 , i cannot wait more and i test on simulator/board with the actual modified autosteer.ino

First Brian &co do very good improvement !

second on simulator with board it is working !! so so good!

1 Like

Mine is not working. Testing by driving tractor on yard. Using your ino I downloaded couple months ago. Arrows goes up and down on screen as they should, but nothing happens in steer module. If I tab “invert relays” and send at hydraulic lift config window, relays pull and jd screen shows error. So relays does work and pinout is correct anyway.

What could cause this issue?

Did you modify the latest ino or using the older modified one?

SOLVED: Autosteering must be engaged for lift control to work.

i retest today on simulator and it works with previous link
need to be sure this parts will be updated on nano

and also this one

after i start yesterday to upgrade with new ino deliver with 5.5 support but it is not working today i will continue

1 Like

Realised that autosteering must be turner on for lift control to work. Tested again with autosteering and it really works. So it was just a stupid user error. Sorry for bothering you with this and thank you for this awesome mod.

2 Likes

thanks a lot to your feed back

but i really want to update with last Ino but no good result again

1 Like

small update for new ino files5.7.2 USB and UDP here!

2 Likes