Looking for components for pcb

I have the same thoughts about the all in one board

I havenā€™t started to purchase any peripherals yet and canā€™t wait to get started.
That being said it looks like I can utilise some of my other components from another GNSS project used with a Pixhawk cube 24 months ago believing that was the path to travel.
Iā€™m really impressed with this GUI and have a high priority towards canbus.
In brief my outline is the following.
I want to complete a fully automated platform using jewel electric motors zero turn to reach centimetre accuracy using the Ublox ZED-F9p modules so itā€™s a little bit of centre compare to what other people using on this site.
Iā€™m also very interested in the LoRa wireless communication.
I want to have a fully independent operating system setting up bass and rover I know I can achieve this with the new blocks modules just need the radios other than what they supplied that I have not been successful with so I was thinking adding loRa to achieve 1-2 kms range then another for camera radio communication

The tough part with AOG right now is figuring out what developments to focus on. The idea list is getting pretty long.

Was showing off my AOG system at the local Hutterite Colony. They thought it was pretty awesome, but of course the ā€œwhere can i buy a fully working kitā€ came up.

Already have a couple of teensy 4.1ā€™s ready for gorms board, its a very exciting development. But gorm might be tasked with heating Europe without gas.

Lots of smart guys on this forum, with some interesting off farm jobs.

1 Like

Thanks. I guess I just didnā€™t think to search AlišŸ¤”

This is both a strength and a weakness of open source technology, you often need to learn a lot to get it working and keep it working. Another question is, ā€œWho do I call if it stops working?ā€

Iā€™ve had a few requests for PCBs and help getting everything working and, in the spirit of open source, Iā€™m doing it all free of charge. Just set about ordering 10 kits (I already have the circuit boards) and it has literally taken me all day to complete the order. Digikey was good for about 70% of the parts, but some key components (like relays, sockets and screw terminals) are out of stock, nor are they in stock for any of the main suppliers I tried tonight.

Then it was a question of taking the exact specs of each of these components and hitting Amazon, Ebay and other suppliers including aliexpress.

Painful.

Then thereā€™s the actual complete build list:

1. PCB
  2. GNSS solution (Base / Rover or NTRIP / Rover)
    2.1. Radio / cellular connection
    2.2. Pi / something to run base station software
  3. Laptop / tablet to run AOG
  4. WAS + WAS harness
  5. Autosteer motor + mountings
  6. Wire. Lots of it.
  7. Relays for section control
  8. Every time I write this list I remember that I have forgotten something, so point 8 is for the stuff I have forgotten.

I can see how just this process will put some people off and why they want more than prebuilt PCBs, they are looking for an off the shelf solution.

But, the core guys behind all this would probably argue, ā€œWhereā€™s the fun in that? What are you doing this winter?ā€

7 Likes

You can buy off the shelf kits that work by plugging them in and they have a sort of help support. They are JD and others. And the price includes these features and more. That is not what this product is about. Itā€™s about farmers helping farmers. Such as yourself and your time, in exchange for someone else and their time. We all have something we can contribute, even it is simply bug reporting. Itā€™s all important.

6 Likes

looking at your profile
PLC Programmer / Instrumentation Technician this puts you in a good position
As a materials handling technician I have a mindset that nothing is impossible.
That being said are you still doing those kits

Reminds me of the old Doze vs Nix debate:

ā€œDo you want to buy a restricted operating system, or would you like a superior flexible one for free? If the latter, then youā€™re going to need to learn how a computer works.ā€

1 Like

There are no kits, that is the issue. Currently if you want this system the rewards are great, but you have to really want it.

Iā€™ve built a few AOG systems that are getting rolled out to local small farmers I know, or farm with. But I am even hesitant to build hundreds at this point. In order to be serviceable they need to be exactly the same, current AOG software and hardware is evolving at an alarming rate, users at minimum need to learn how com ports work, and the challenge of getting installs more generic and less time consuming.

Average age of a Canadian farmer is 55 years old, the other half might still remember their father farming with horses. This is a challenge.

1 Like

Lā€™Ć¢ge moyen dā€™un agriculteur canadien est de 55 ans, lā€™autre moitiĆ© se souvient peut-ĆŖtre encore de son pĆØre qui Ć©levait des chevaux. Cā€™est un dĆ©fi.

I find it insulting for the 55-year-olds, so I belong :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

In our case, probably need to know how to build the computer and program it. These days, may need to know how to build the chips.

1 Like

Thanks and I see your point, Iā€™m looking at a drone application and want to use this system so I will keep learning and appreciate your response. Thank you from downunder

1 Like

This is my other platform using mission planner but I want to now try agopengps as the GUI is showing potential

this is achieving centimeter accuracy in my backyard

2 Likes

Itā€™s looking that way.

Wondering whether it might be wise to bulk buy a load of components now.

[Doubt/Help] I have a question. Iā€™m buying parts to build my first system. I came across the problem of relays.
Original is: cb1af-tr-12v

I can replace with: acb35221 M03

Alternatively, the manufacturer asked me if I could replace it with: CB1AH-TR-12V
.Do you have problems replacing it?

So does anyone know anything the relay does other than be activated by a toggle switch?

Could the relay be replaced by a 15 amp switch, if your not trying to do an automated remote over the air shutdown?

It seems like duplication

Thatā€™s an interesting way of looking at it, good question.

@jessejgm

Yep, the CB1AH-TR-12V is 12v / 30a, should work fine.

You can go without the relay, just use a wire jumper or input 12v post relay.

relay saved my PCB when I connected reverse MD13S it just turn on and off fast with out relay probably smoke.

is this relay good replacement ?

I have working PCB v2 tested at table with 12v battery but in tractor it gets to 16v to what voltage is tolerant pcb ?
do I need some voltage regulator ?

Itā€™s usually recommended to power the cytron with its own line from the battery (optionally through itā€™s own relay controlled by autosteer PCB) so that itā€™s power surges donā€™t mess with the auto-steer PCB. Everything else on the PCB is also protected by the large diode.