Make your ITC work with WAAS 2021!

Yes on the JD system that’s how it works. On our combine we are using an entirely leica system, so they use there own engage button…

Assuming with that system, your greenstar display will still need an autotrac RTK activation to actually steer on it?

As normally you would need an RTK activation on the reciever, and and RTK autotrac activation on the display…so still fairly expensive, but alot cheaper and no ongoing reciever cost! Would love to be able to feed my combine display an RTK signal from an F9P, but £££ whenever OEM commercial systems are involved!!

We have an autotrac activation on the display, buy no rtk activation at all. Not sure how they get around that but it works.

No. The Leica MojoRTK receiver simply needs an autotrac activation which most monitors have. Mojo RTK just tells the monitor it’s SF1 (is that correct, @customfordfan?).

Isn’t RTK an activation that goes on the receiver if you were using Starfire? I’ve played around with the signal type byte and my brown box will display and steer with SF1, SF2, and RTK types. No special autotrac activations here.

If I understand correctly, an all JD system would require a rtk unlock in both the receiver and the display. Like @torriem said, I believe the mojortk just tells JD it’s sf1

John Deere loves to cash checks that’s for sure.

My display has for example and Autotrac SF1, and autotrac SF2 activation on it… So I can only assume there is also an Autotrac RTK activation that you would need for autotrac…as well as the RTK activation on the receiver… ££$$££

No. You only need autotrac sf1.
Edit. I see that you are talking about an all JD system. Yes I think you are right. A ridiculous amount of money.

Like I said before I can send SF2 or RTK identity bytes to my Brown Box which has no special activations beyond autotrac, and it will display SF2 or RTK right on the screen and happily continue autosteering. Maybe the gouging came later with the 1800 and later screens.

EDIT according to NewAgTalk, “John deere has changed things a few years ago, SF2 and RTK are put on globe, rest of activations are on screen.”

Yeah think its probably different for the old Brown box, fairly confident that isnt the case on my old 2600 display and my current 2630. Hence the AOG in the tractors!

I don’t know if this is a good place to ask this, but since I’m using our mojortk for a receiver, and it is a dual antenna setup would there be a way I could use the heading in AOG like the dual f9p setups?

Probably. If you can configure the MojoRTK to output NMEA on a serial port, I suspect the heading reported in the VTG messages would be based on the calculated heading of the dual antennas.

Actually I do know Johannes. He originally made farmerGPS.

2 Likes

That’s what I was wondering. I can set it to output vtg as well as terrain compensated nmea

I imagine you’ll want to enable terrain compensated nmea for sure. Sounds like an ideal NMEA source for AOG!

I used that for many many years before AOG!

FYI for anyone using Torriems excellent code, the flexcan_t4 library that needs to be replaced is in \arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries. I had a bit of a struggle before I figured that out, but it works great now. Thank You

1 Like

Yes it requires the latest version from github. I did put a note in the README, but apparently I neglected to put that in the source. I’ll push an update with that reminder in the comments.

1 Like

I saw your note, instructions were great. I just couldn’t figure out where the library was supposed to go. I don’t have any experience with the teensy and didn’t know they had a separate library folder. Thanks again

Hello, can i use ardino uno and CAN-bus module MCP2515 SPI 5V | Communicatie | OTRONIC Elektronica for creating this or do i really need the due