Make your ITC work with WAAS 2021!

There’s guys on facebook that’s using Agra-GPS and a brown box and doesn’t show any differential on their screens. Maybe they’re steering with whatever’s available?

I have been having trouble finding the document, but I am trying to track down the waas satellite retirement schedule.

The waas website says all the current geostationaries are up.

https://www.nstb.tc.faa.gov/RT_WaasSatelliteStatus.htm

Is the ITC gps only?

If your running gps only its good to have an almanac app to show you when the outages happen.

Same with the original starfire receiver. I did not check our 3000 or 6000. I have no explanation why it didn’t come up quicker.

ITC is GPS only.

Jos at Back 40 Precision also found that WAAS wasn’t working. He said his receiver took a long time to show up, and he figures it was receiving new settings from John Deere on their formerly retired SF1 channel. He changed his channel to 1546.2725 and WAAS came back right away. It hasn’t come back for me so far but I’ll give it another go. From the status screen it’s clear that the ITC receiver is black listing the WAAS satellites. They show up with decent SNR, but no elevation and no azimuth and the status is listed as “lock.” If you look on a 3000 receiver the WAAS satellites show a normal status of “tracking.” So this is a deliberate attempt by John Deere to screw a few people over this. Completely unethical behavior.

EDIT: my receivers are now able to get WAAS. Took a while for the blacklist to expire.

If we want another reason to bite the bullet and build out an AOG system, this is sure it. If John Deere won’t let you utilize the hardware you have bought and paid for, then this tells you that we’re not really people to them. We’re just revenue streams.

5 Likes

Yessir

2 Likes

Hello, this is my first post and when I read what you write, my heart hurts. I totally agree with you !!
Unfortunately, Deere’s policy is pathetic … Did someone run code from user “torriem”?

Hi, i just orderd the parts and going to set this up. Will see how it will function. Novice level so…hope to find al the right anwsers here. :slight_smile: But first i wait for parts …hurry up…:slight_smile:

Yes, I have two tractors using the copperhead dual can board with Torriems software, and I put one in a neighbors. It’s great stuff. After yesterday mornings problems, my neighbor used it for tillage all afternoon with no issues. Hopefully that was a one time issue as deere said that the itc receivers will still handle waas for a couple more years.

When I told Johannes about it, he tried to replicate the issue right away but waas unable to duplicate it. His ITC was seeing the sats no issue.

Must of been a glitch of some sort.

Just as soon as I emailed you that I had one working, I tried a different receiver and could not get WAAS. I’m going to try to leave them plugged in for a few hours and see if I can get WAAS as well. I’ll definitely be following this discussion thanks guys

I have one working and one not at the moment. We shall see what happens.

Hello, little question. Does this code also work for a greenstar 3 2630 Screen with ITC?

I’m having issues with getting WAAS signal on my ITC. I purchased a Teensey as Torriem suggested and used his code to make it all work. I have the data cable and programs working as the Brown Box gets data from the ITC. It always just says 3D+. When I first turned on the system the ITC was on 1545.9675 for Differential freq. I could not get WAAS. So the brown box suggested I use default settings. That didn’t work. I then used 1546.2725 as suggested on this forum. That makes the Diff Signal Quality go up to 17 but it just reports Differential Mode as None. Position mode is 3D+. What settings is everyone using to get WAAS to work on the ITC globe? I left it run for 3 hours and no change.

My luck is pretty spotty. I can usually get waas after a random number of hours sometimes leaving it overnight. Unfortunately when I start the engine, despite telling the itc to stay on for 24 hours, it restarts and I lose waas. Definitely looks like Deere has done something to kill them. I am not sure what or how!

Torriem, Can we modify the code output to always say SF1 no matter what so this can be used for tillage/roller type stuff? Even if its just non waas GPS or is that a bad idea?

Yes i did that in the latest code available on GIT. If you only have 3D+, it pretends to be SF1 at 30% accuracy, and if you do get WAAS, it sets the accuracy to 60%, so you have a little visual readout of what you have.

That said, I don’t think anyone will find results satisfactory with 3D+.

Anyone know if agra-gps encounter same problems? With the ITCextend?

Whats your Starfire correct Freq MHZ frequency Settings? You using 1545.9675 or 1546.2725 or something different? I appear to be unable to get WAAS.

I tried default and 1545.9675 anf 1546.2725 al with.no result.

So even if we dont have waas it still will tell brown box that it has sf1? Any thing we need to change for that on settings? Because i tried with 8 to 9 sats but nothing happens.