Massey Ferguson 7700 autosteer ready

Did you notice this in the code?

//For engage & disengage via CAN or Button on PCB, select “Button” as switch option in AgOpen
//For engage via AgOpen tablet & disengage via CAN, select “None” as switch option and make sure “Remote” is on the steering wheel icon
//For engage & disengage via PCB switch only select “Switch” as switch option

Thank you for your input.
Sorry I missed that, where can I find?

In the other hand I am not using yet the agOpen, I just connected to the CAN a teensy with can interface, to send just “raw commands.”, then when it works, then I move further.
In the Autosteer_USB_CANBUS_Valtra_08.01.2023.ino example actually I do not see any other commands which sent to canbus.

What am I missing?

Thanks

That is the only command. But you must send 252 in the 3rd data spot that’s means “don’t steer, and reset” after to manually move steering wheel for example.

253 means “steer if allowed”

Remember this is a new S model and you are telling the steering controller in the main tractor ecu what to do, then it is telling the valve left or right.

Make sure the WAS is calibrated via the tractor also

Thank you for the info. Sounds great.
Yes, I understand that I send the command to the tractor ECU, and it controls the valve.
I will check if the WAS is calibrated or not.
However I wonder, the tractor ECU will still control the valve when we send this can msg, because on the screen there are lot of red problems?

Or when we want to steer with Agricultural Guidance System command, then the ECU does not require to have them all green?

All those red problems don’t matter, it will listen to your curve commands.

Great, we are going to try.

I would be really grateful if you can help us with this question also.

1. When we want to start autosteer, we only need to send the “Agricultural Guidance System command” or, we still need to press the factory autosteer button on the joystick? If we send only the command but not pressed the button it just ignores the msg?

2. Is there any CAN msg that we read that the tractor is in really autopilot mode (so accepts the command and did not turn off for whatever reason)?
    When I see the description of the “Agricultural Guidance Machine Info” I do not see which I should look for.
    ISOBUS Data Dictionary - View PGNAndSPN
    We have tried to figure it out why it quits the autopilot immediately after we press autopilot on the joystick (Guidance system command exit/reason code) but we see only 255 which is 11111111 guess, so 111111 Not available (parameter not supported)

3. You said previously:
    “But you must send 252 in the 3rd data spot that’s means “don’t steer, and reset” after to manually move steering wheel for example.”
    Sorry I do not understand that clearly. When we send the “Agricultural Guidance System command” and the tractor accepts it and it is in autosteering mode, even when we manually move the steering wheel, (but we still send the command) it will not turn off the autopilot mode? So we need check the SAS sensor and when it changes (with some margin), then we need to send first the command with 252 (Not intended to steer ) and then stop sending the command, is that correct?

4. Can I ask, how do you know it is 252 and not 0?
    ISOBUS Data Dictionary - View PGNAndSPN
    So the last two bit is 00. So the 252 comes from 11111100
    Is that a standard that the not used bits are 1 and not 0? Can you please send me some link, so I can understand that better.

Thank you so much!

In case it could be usefull, I made a MF77 hardware guide for motor and CANBUS version (and added a link to this thread for those who would want to learn more about CAN).

https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/mf-77-series-motor-and-canbus-hardware-guide/13670

2 Likes

Hello @ferdi

I have a MF 7499

Below the Seat to the right i found “cab200”
Is This the stick to Connect to the valves ?

Have anyone tried This model tractor before ?
@CommonRail maybe you know something ?

1 Like

@Nacho Hello how did you find the Canbus for the Joystick ? to use it for engange?

You don’t need different canbus wires. Everything works with just two wires of canbus.

I made a video showing how to find them:

Just plug the steering board, configured for Massey,into each port. You’ll soon find which works.

Check my 6718s thread.