MicrOpenGPS

@Vili

I have been asked to bring the micro version up to the 5.2. If you are interested, I would like to add a splash screen.

What I have in mind is a field that is distant with AGOPENGPS on in, then your robot hand holding an old school magnifying glass. In the glass you can see the row crop and the word micro.

And since I consider it art, either sign it at the lower right, or use AgOpenGps as a signature if you would rather not use your name.

1 Like

My vehicle is 100cm x 200cm, MicrOpengps
should i use it? So when you say Micro, did you design it for small vehicles? If so, perfect. Thank you.

Magic on the way!!

1 Like

Yes, it makes tighter turns, the points of a curve, boundary, and u turn are closer together. For large fields, and large equipment it is not worth it. So this is for smaller fields and vehicles.

2 Likes

Tried my hand at some photo edit. This is my poor attempt. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

First

Here is link to the program. I’ve not messed with any of the INO files. Must get them from the main release.

AgOpenGPS_v5.zip

2 Likes

Not bad, for your first try. For these programs, it is best, try many times, that and some youtube tutorials.

hello @KentStuff

did you share the source code of this version somewhere ?

thanks in advance

This one is no longer needed. I think the main AOG will now do everything the micro did and better.

2 Likes

thanks KentStuff for your answer

I downloaded 5.7.2, created a vehicle with a wheelbase of 100cm, a track of 50cm, a turning radius of 300cm, and a front mounted tool width of 120cm. Then, in the simulator, I turned on RecordedPath, drove straight north 50m, turned the steering 40degrees to the right until the tractor was facing south, steered back to zero, and then proceeded straight south 50m. I then stopped recording and saved the path. I click the green play button to run the recorded path. A dotted yellow light mapped a youturn to the start of the path I recorded but the tractor never steered more than about 25 degrees so it completely missed the start. I let it go and it circled a few times and finally ended up crossing the finish point and stopped facing west instead of south. I then started over with the default tractor dimensions and repeated the exercise. With the big tractor it worked. I would really like to use AOG with a small vehicle and could use any input regarding what I might be doing wrong? Are there some other settings I need to be adjusting?

Is this for a rc vehicle?

Did you try it in micro? I don’t think the recorded path has had a great amount of modifications to run the smaller tools.

I have not, but I will.

Could I ask for brief descriptions of the kinds of changes you had to make?

My current project is a riding lawn mower sized autonomous vehicle that would need to run the same path(s) multiple times every day.

My ride on mower has been working for several years running on kentstuffs micro version. The Geofence is very important to stop the mower if it goes out of bounds, I dont know if this has been included in the update but micro works well on small machines. I have converted the mower to all electric running on 48 volt lithium batteries.

Here is more reading on the same subject. Recorded path was a big topic. Near the bottom is a link to the one with some of these.