No light condition on the V4.1 all in one board 5mm indicator lights

Hello fellow farmers. It is winter time in Ohio, so with harvest wrapping down i’m starting to get back into my GPS build that I stared last winter, and didn’t get finished. I ordered the V4.1 all in one board that takes the micro FP9s and i’m in the process of powering up/checking all the connections. I have been following along the great write up of where to check all the power pads, and then slowly adding the boards one by one, and I stopped after the adding the Cytron motor board because looking at the photos in the write up, by this stage the power led light, and one of the other led lights were lit. (I’m referring to the 3 5mm indicator leds near the 24 pin plug. None of mine are lighting up. All of the power pads in the write up are giving out the voltages they should be, and all the small 5v/3.3v leds by the various board connections are also lighting up. I printed out the wiring schematic this morning, and am going to try and trace back to the 5mm leds, but was wondering if there is a quick fix, or this is something people ran into before that can share some advice before i go trace by trace.

If you’ve got the right voltages at all the right places maybe you have a bulb issue on the board. Ive read about similar problems and sometimes giving the buibs a wriggle can get them going sometimes. Put up a picture of your board and if theres possibly something missing someone usually spots it.

Here is some photos to help the diagnostics, i’m starting to think i am missing some traces. @ del_boy. I jumpered 3.3v to the led resistors and confirmed that all the leds work when powered. Here are front and back photos of the trace locations. Perhaps someone can compare to theirs and let me know. I’m assuming that these might be one of the internal traces, but i don’t have any software on my computer at the moment that can read the gerber file. Clearly it isn’t a surface trace or i would be able to follow it.

On a side note, i’m also seeing some phantom lighting of the 3 led lights by the steer, remote, and work buttons. They are very dimly lit so i’m guessing there is some current leakage coming from somewhere. Is this something to be concerned about? They shut off when i pull the Teensy out.

Just opened up my v4.1 micro and some photos of it

Hope this helps
All looks similar to mine

You have put the firmware onto the Teensy?

The Leds won’t light up till you do.

You will need F9P correctly configured to get the GPS led to light up.

2 Likes

I also read on another thread ( and learnt) that the teensy wont flash orange until the gps antenna is connected to the f9p.
I read it as though he hasn’t got any leds lite up yet including the power one but looks as though the components are getting power

Tymi diodami steruje teensy. Musisz mieć wgrany program do teensy. Tensy mruga bez anteny jak f9p ma wgraną konfigurację.

Don’t forget to choose your pin for powering the cytron too - just realised that’s not in my build thread !

If you’re happy to power the cytron with 12v via your standard pin22-12v supply, then link the two ports in blue with a jump wire.

If you want to power the cytron with either 12 or 24v via pin 18 instead, link the two in red.

One or the other, not both.

eg

I thought I did, but perhaps I did it wrong? Is there a good thread or video walking through how to do it?

Definitely looks like teensy doesn’t have any firmware loaded. The “phantom” leds for the buttons will be lit up until the teensy has the firmware running. There should be a thread from a few weeks ago about TeensyFlasher program to load the firmware.

1 Like

Yes the Teensy should flash orange, you do not need an antennae connected.

IIRC the CanBus version the Teensy doesn’t flash, but all the AIO variants certainly do.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the help. I reflashed the teensy and it is now lighting up. I made the mistake of trying to flash with the 2.0 version of Arduino ide. After seeing your replies and doing some more digging, i downloaded the older 1.8 version, which is ironic because I deleted it about 3 months ago to install the 2.0, which is great for my other projects with the new debugging they have ect, but apparently not good for using the teensy. Hopefully the rest of this build goes off without any issues!

Cheers.