OpenGradeX

I have been experimenting with civil 3D but haven’t put a bunch of time into it yet. You would create a design file in optisurface or civil3D and import into OXG 3D. Similar to how pat as implemented it. I have most of the stuff written for dual antenna control for each side of the blade.

Would you be able to send me some machine design files from civil 3d so I can work on implementing it into OGX3D. Preferable in landXml. I have some example .agd and .ags files for optisurface.

Ok I’ll see what I can do. Not sure how that even works if there is a specific file for machine control or is it simply a surface file that trimble or topcon uses. What I have been doing is export a tin. file import it to FieldGenius use the stake surface feature to manually control the scraper or box blade.

Hi
It would be nice if you could integrate 3D grading! OG3D was the best I could do with my very limited coding skills, I simply don’t have enough time to put in this.

All the visual rendering is very bad coding but the calculation actually work pretty well! One limitation is that the point grid should be at 0 degree, not in an angle, with optisurface it’s easy, there is an box when exporting the file, just put 0 degree in it!

I used ags/agd because it was in lat/long(universal), a text file (easy to code) and compatible with optisurface (a very powerful tool)

1 Like

The workflow would be to use OpenGrade, or any GPS software to make the survey file.

This file is imported in Optisurface (or similar software) to make the design the create the design file

This is then loaded in OG to level!
The files are just coordinates with heights and codes(boundary, zones, pts)

2 Likes

Is optisurface worth the cost in your opinion? As I am looking for a solid GIS program. The code for 3d point calculation is a bit messsy but it has helped me to write a bunch of functions that should clean it up a lot. Without it though I would be lost.

As well what exactly do you mean by the point grid degrees?

1 Like

I would like to someday use OG3D with our 12 ft. blade. However I don’t think I can convince my bosses that it’s worth the optisurface cost. Maybe this would work. I haven’t had the time to explore it. Yet.

1 Like

I priced out Optisurface a month or two ago and they told me it would be about $1000 CAD for the program and enough credits for 1000 acres. Not really that expensive at all.

1 Like

This is the email they sent me.

Hi.
Thanks for your interest in our pricing. 
OptiSurface Designer - Inoffice Analysis & Design Software - $997 which gives a license for 1 computer with 1000 OptiSurface Credits to analyze and export up to 1000 acres. Volume discounts available for larger areas. Learn more about it here: https://www.optisurface.com/osd/

Would you like to know more this? 
OR 
Get your FREE Water Flow Analysis & Earthworks Design for a field here: https://www.optisurface.com/free/

Regards,

Ed Foronda (BEng Ag)
Design & Support Engineer - OptiSurface
Email: support@optisurface.com
Support Center: support.optisurface.com
Home: www.optisurface.com
News: www.twitter.com/OptiSurface 
"Celebrating over 1 Million Acres of Optimized Agricultural Earthworks"

P.S. Graeme also sees these emails and discusses many with me.