Pcb issues with ibt

we have 5v without usb

nothing wrong with the ibt. the Arduino is either not getting the signal to power d4 to enable or it wont one or the other. I might set my bread board back up just to make sure there’s nothing wrong with the Arduino.

The complete setup worked when you had it all on the breadboard?

sure did

Use a multimeter to check the connection, straight from the arduino D4 to the screw terminal.

With the exact same ino?

Yup. Just hooked it all back up to the bread board and worked perfect. We must have screwed something up in the pcb. I’ve got the stuff coming to build another one. Will try that instead.

Got it working. Resoldered all connections from steer switch. Thanks for all of the help on this. Its been a steep learning curve as I’ve never done anything like this before. Good lesson for the next dork like me to make sure you’ve got the simple things done first before wasting a bunch of peoples time. Thanks again.

1 Like

School of hard knocks learning is painful - but the best

Hello,

maybe it is a stupid qestion but i have to connect PCB DIR pin to both IBT R_EN and L_EN pins at the same time, thats correct?

Regards

That is correct. DIR enables IBT_2, and PWM1 and 2 decides which direction gets power.

Thanks Larsvest for your quick help.
I start autosteer by clicking the symbol in AOG, no mechanical switch is installed.
In the steer settings I switched to manual mode in order to set a steering angle value using the simulator.
By doing this i do not get 5V on the DIR connection even not on the D4 pin of the arduino.
Inside AOG options i have set IBT as controller.
As INO i use the latest on, do I have to adjust there something too?

Would be nice I someone could help me, i do not know what to try next.

Thanks a lot.

Do you have a WAS connected? In version 4 and after a steering angle sensor must be present, to let the program activate autosteer.

I was having a similar problem and it turned out that I put a resistor at R8 instead of a jumper wire. I can’t tell from your picture, but is the resistor in R8 a 0?

@Larsvest Yes WAS is installed. Is a green flashing autosteer button no indication that autosteer is activated?

@Ray_Jorgensen Thanks for your tip but the picture is not from my system as i only hooked up into this post. I have a brige at R8, but even have no output on D4 pin.

As i never got 5V on my D4 pin i have exchanged my arduino.
Now i have all time 5V on the D4 pin, doesnt matter if autosteer is activated or not.

Autosteer button (the one at bottom right with an M beside it) is constantly green (not flashing)

Something is wrong :frowning:

When set to IBT_2 and set to manual (but you must still connect O and GND on the PCB where steer switch normally should be) , then D4 have 5 v when on and 0 v when autosteer (in program) is not on.

Then you also get output on the pwm 1 or 2 when clicking a turn arrow. (or in the “drive” mode in autosteer setup)

Which ino did you load to your new Nano?

Edit:
Seems you use the latest as you wrote this earlier. “As INO i use the latest on, do I have to adjust there something too?”
So yes you do the adjust thing in the AOG program under “module configurarion” You told you have set motor driver to IBT_2 in Motor Driver setting, but you should also choose SWITCH in the Steer Enable setting

Sorry Lars for my bad english.
It is not flashing it is constantly green.

Seems my problem is the remote switch connection. I had nothing connected there because i want to use the button in AOG.

You say I have to connect 0 and GND, so it means i connect the middle and right clamp with each other? Middle is 0 and right is GND, thats correct?
For my understanding, i have to pull down D8 to GND to get autosteer activated?

Thank you so much, without your help I would not get it work!

Yes to the right.
BUT it is not Remote with corresponding D8 — It is Steer with corresponding D6 that you use for steer switch.

I also used Button earlier, but found that a Button sometimes gives more than one signal to the Nano and that way turn on autosteer and immediately turn it off again, so now I prefer Switch.

The Remote can be used to turn off autosteer automatically, eg. if you turn steering wheel manually in a hydraulic steering system (could be pressure switch or an encoder)

1 Like

Thank you so much, now it is working.

1 Like