PCB (V2) Assembly Video

Sounds like a momentary switch. Power passes through only the time you hold down the button.
This is not an On / Off switch.

Yeah looks to be a momentary to me, you need a latched style switch for the On/Off, either can be used for the autosteer trigger button though.

I’ve used these, white, 12VDC and latching Filn 16 Mm 6V 12V 110V 220V Led Momentary Vergrendeling Messing Nikkel Plaat Anti Vandaal Waterdichte drukknop Met Power Symbool|Schakelaars| - AliExpress

1 Like

If your are already using a separate switched power with lines directly from the battery, you don’t need to use the relay/switch at all. I have an external relay which turns on all the machine control, LIDAR, actuator control, router, GPS etc already, so just powered the autosteer directly without the onboard relay.

An option to consider.

1 Like

Are the two power outs circled in yellow used for anything or are they there for future use? I do not have any two position screw terminals and was wondering if I really need them for basic auto steer? image

About to take my first attempt at soldering the pcbv2 board with parts I got. Question about J6, the reset. Is this a reset button on the board or a 2 pin connector that would have wire leads to a reset button? Also I don’t have a reset button in my parts so must need to order one, am I just looking for a momentary push button? Would this be best mounted on exterior of box so if I need to reset in field?
Thanks

Basically ‘yes’ to all of your points. An accessible push switch :+1:

Yes farmer64 they are for the use you like. If you look carefully you find the 12v is the same as the +v at the steer, imp and remote, because the r8 “resistor” is actually just a piece of wire. I don’t have any screw terminals, all wires soldered directly to board.

Is the reset needed? I have not reset mine yet(other than when powered off)

1 Like

Needed at power up if usb is used and you forget the power up sequence.

Have a few more follow-up questions now that I have soldered the board up.

1. What are pins at DoG2, A0, A1,A2, D2 and D5 for?
  2. Also there is 12 volt out on big 3 pin and also on small 2 pin beside the 5volt out. What’s the difference?
  3. How much power can the 5volt and 12 volt out ports run? Is this what I should use to power a USB hub and or maybe the GPS board? Does one of them power the motor controller?
  4. Is there a certain direction the 4N33 need to go in? Is there a backwards as they fit 2 ways.
    5.On the WAS outputs there are 7 pins, I was thinking I would just need +5v, ground and signal. I must not be thinking of that correctly??
  5. Is there a reason for the 2 pins on 12volt battery? I was thinking 1 wire from battery fused, is that all I need?IMG_20200127_104214
    Thanks

4n33 are wrong , look at the drawing on the pcb …

Please explain the “power up sequence”. That is the first I have heard of that.

Yes the notch in the 4N33 tells where pin 1 is.
Some of your questions are answered in schematic.png that you find in the support folder that comes to your computer when you download (windows download) AOG program.
Also check the autosteerpcbv2.ino
Max output from 5v depends of the 78xx type you ordered (you can get 500 mA 1000 mA and 1,5 A)
Don´t draw much power from small 12V (goes through diode so max 3A all together)
You don´t need 12 to 24 V dc dc converter, but can feed your motor controller directly from one of your 12 V mentioned in question 5
It is not a must to have an inclinometer (dogs2 or MMA8452) and I see you don´t have one on your board.

if arduino is powered before computer, windows does not always recognise usb connection, push reset or unplug and reinsert usb to rectify.
Or use ethernet UDP.

Ok thanks, I googled the #1 pin on a 4n33. Problem is my schematic and my PCB v2 have the bases a half turn off so I am not sure where Pin 1 is on my PCB.IMG_20200127_144636|375x500
I have the 1000ma 7805 so that answers that one.:+1:
I just haven’t received my 8452 yet but it’s going on PCB.
Thanks for help
I assume the A0,A1 g A2 are analog inputs directly to the Nano?
Still not sure of the D2 and D5, look like digital inputs to Nano?
And the J1 looks like it hooks to the SDA and SCL lines that are also connected to the 8452? I will have to Google SDA and SCL

A schematic bears little or no relation to physical layout and certainly not real world orientation. The PCB silkscreen does clearly show the orientation though.

SDA and SCL are i2c bus headers which are useful if you use a BNO055 for heading.

I think you refer to the schematic.pdf further down in the libraries.(AgOpenGPS_Support > PCB > AutosteerPCB_Gerber>AutoSteerSchematic.pdf)
Look at R12 it goes to pin 1 on OK2 (the OK closest to relay) and from OK2 pin 2 to steer switch.
Now follow the trace on the board from R12 to pin1 :goal_net:
Some OK4N33 only have a little dot (or hole) just by the pin 1 and no big notch as the ones you got. Mine are white and have a little hole.

It’s making more sense all the time, I should have looked at a new board and schematic a little more, the lines are under the components. I think I have pin 1 where it’s supposed to go now :+1:. Looks like I soldered a few extra things on but that’s Ok

Where can I get the pcb board