PCB (V2) Assembly Video

We have a PCB section, some useful guidance to order PCBs:

You could also mention your location. Perhaps someone has extra PCBs for sale.

I have 4 spares here in Cornwall UK

ā€¦and maybe 1 or 2 here in Cheshire.

I put together a pcb, but when I put the on-off switch on, my arduino nano broke. If I plug my nano into the USB port now, the power- and rx-LED will burn constantly, but there is no port recognized. Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?
I have another nano, but donā€™t dare put it on the board now if I donā€™t know what went wrong.

Every connection should be checked with a multimeter prior to adding power.
Not hard to do, just systematically go through every trace/connection checking for correct polarity of components, continuity through wanted joints & unwanted bridges to nearby traces.

Thank you for the reply.
I think I found the fault.
My Arduino was under 12 volts. Turns out the voltage regulator gives 12 volts to the output.

What number is printed on your regulator? (7805 or 7812)
Did you mount regulator pointing right way?

The number is 7805.

I mounted it so that it is farthest from the capacitors.
I ordered from mouser with number 490-P78E05-1000.
Maybe this one has a different pin out?

You have to install it this way:
Layout

The white dot on your 7805 from mouser marks pin 1, so it looks like you have mounted wrong way :frowning:
The ā€œsignā€ on the pcb looks like the linear 7805 (the white wide line on pcb image the metal back of 7805) , and they fit easy. Some of the converter type you have fill more to the ā€œbackā€ so it is a little difficult to get them all the way down because they get close to capacitors.
As far as I remember it is also recommended to get 1500 ma type, and I see you have 1000 ma type.
Also check again, when they are turned around, that they are not damaged and can give 5 V out.

Could you post a photo of your pcb?

Here a picture of my pcb. I think Larsvest is right and my voltage regulators were mounted the wrong way. I had put them as in the assembly video, but apparently my pin-out is different. In the photo I have already removed one regulator. That one still works.

Upgrading from my bodged perfboard setup that Iā€™ve used for 2 years now and have some questions as I finish up soldering a PCB V2:

DOG2 on the board, is that 2pin header with +12V and gnd just a power header and you run whichever axis signal to one of the 3 analog inputs beside it?

IC1 is for a BNO055? Do those pins correspond to the Adafruit BNO because thereā€™s no markings on the board and the schematic pinout doesnā€™t seem to match my old BNO on the perfboard. It goes Vin, 3v,GND, SDA, SCL, RST.

WAS, if using the PA automotive sensor, whatā€™s the signal line, Sense High through the ADC?

What are STEER, IMP, and REMOTE for, switches? If so, I"m guessing ā€œComā€ is ground on this particular header, and ā€œ0ā€ is a signal line thatā€™s taken Low to trigger the opto?

Iā€™m also confused why thereā€™s an ADC on here when thereā€™s 3 unused A lines on the Nano. Resolution level?

I donā€™t have the BNO but if you have the one that looks the same as on the wiki drawings, Iā€™m sure it must be the correct one. Check pins from the PCB2 wiring diagram.

I believe the rest you answered yourself except the DOG2 signal, you should put it through the ADS1115, check the correct pin from the INO configuration description.

IC1 is for the MMA IMU. The BNO connects to 5v GND, SDA and SCL. I actually connected my MMA with a ribbon cable because mine is the Adafruit 14bit one with a different pinout. This has the advantage of giving you more orientation options for the PCB too.

Obviously the BNO needs to be connected to the PCB with cable too as the aforementioned pins are not grouped on the PCB. I personally wouldnā€™t place the BNO anywhere near the motor driver anyway.

thatā€™s just a wonder
all I would have asked is in here
so I wonā€™t bother anyone
bruno

would you sell me one
I could pay by sepa (eurozone ) or western union
or my daughter in ireland
I join my mail
clogenson (at) yahoo dot fr

I did order an MMA but it hasnā€™t shown yet, which would you suggest is the better option? I see they donā€™t sell the BNO055 anymore, itā€™s now the 080.

And what are Imp and Remote intended for?

I bought a cheap MMA which didnā€™t work. Got an Adafruit 14bit one now and it seems very good. Fitted as described above. The Sparkfun 6 pin is the one that fits the PCB IIRC. I actually have one of those too.

Adafruit BNO055ā€™s are still on ebay and Mouser but no idea if the 080 will work sorry.

CJMCU-055 , working good, but different connection of bno 055 , and need soldering S1 and S0 pin on PCB.