PCB version 2

I wouldn’t hold off unless your expert at the job. This project is all about learning. The parts are so cheap. Our early systems we fried components, installed stuff backwards. All part of the fun.

1 Like

I messed up and double ordered. I have built 1 and may use one more. If someone wants a couple pm me. I would rather give them away than let them go to waste.

2 Likes

LOL expert would be a large overstatement. So much to learn but it is exciting.
Thanks

I have managed to build this. Got the MD13S - Cytron 13Amp DC Motor Driver from

https://www.seeedstudio.com/MD13S-Cytron-13Amp-DC-Motor-Driver-p-3014.html

PCB V2

Please let me know if you see something wrong. Its my first PCB :slight_smile:

Will this board be compatible with the new .ino file brian is building?

4 Likes

I got my first PCP assembled but cant fit BNO055 and MMA8451! Where would you put them? on a separate breadboard and then wires? What are the reasons to use a Ethernet connection to the arduino nano, just more stable than the usb?
Special thanks to wilberttalen and darrenjlobb for the two videos on then internet, was super helpful!!

You got another type than in the component list. The mma 8452 has 6 pins.
Only 4 are used: GND, 3,3V , SCL, and SDA. You wire your 8451 to them, they are NOT in the same order on the two boards.
BNO055, should not be mounted close to any wires with high Amps. max length of I2C (SDA SCL) wire should not be over 10 cm eighter.
I would suggest an alternative IMU for heading if you need heading. Eg. IMU Brick v2

What is the best way to hook up a pressure transducer sensor to the PCB v2? I plan to use that vs a rotary encoder to kill autosteer.

Will this board be compatible with the new .INO file brian is making?

What is a remote switch?

That depends on type of transducer! Is it off-on or 0 to 5v output or 0 to 10v output or 4 to 30 mA output.
Lets say it is off-on then you could set encoder count to 1 in the ino and connect to Imp on pcbv2 (activated from Nano pin D7) and autosteer will turn off after one spike in pressure.
If 0 to 10V I believe you could also use the Imp, and maybe even insert a potentiometer to adjust the setpoint of pressure (When led inside OK1 lighs enough to switch the port)
0 to 5v could be direct on a nano pin.

BUT till now I don´t see this function is available in pcbv2 ino. So you must use one of the Coffeetrac ino´s (autosteer_button.ino or autosteer_switch.ino) they have the function to use an encoder, and you decide yourself if encoder must trigger 1 or 5 or ?? times to turn off autosteer. You must use pinmapping 1 and use 1 time to trigger

As far as i understand new pcb ino will still work on pcbv2, and if not then I believe both ino´s will be available in support files.

I am also confused about the remote as it is also called auto in latest schematic.

1 Like

From what I can see in my tractor schematics it looks like the pressure transducer is given 5v and will be variable. Until the plug for the sensor comes in the mail I cant test to make sure. Makes me wonder if it should be read on an analog pin. That way whenever it hits 5v it could be triggered, or I have it run into a secondary arduino first and that arduino feeds the imp switch on the main arduino.

I also have a lock out solenoid on my valve block that I need to hook up. I may need a relay hooked to the pcb v2 that triggers when in autosteer mode.

Google for (cheap) “hydraulic mechanical pressure switch adjustment ranges 30…300 bar” .

Do you think the 5v with variable would work because I assume the output voltage would ride as the pressure increases. We need it to be more of a switch. I ha e similar setup just need to get mine hooked up to see what my pressure switch does

For what reason hydraulic sensor an variable reading?

Would a variable sensor be useful for setting the threshold at which deactivation happens. To prevent accidental deactivation by knocking the wheel. I know the Topcon steering wheel has a torque level setting that can be varied.

And stop tractor or no?

Looks good to me, it also looks like a much better soldering job than my first attempt. Fire it up and see if any magic smoke comes out :grin: As long as the pinouts don’t change on the new .ino you should be fine otherwise it’s just a matter of changing the .ino pins to match this PCB. Hopefully it works well for you.

1 Like

Slimfarmer, take a look here for inspiration: Hydraulic valve info from Telegram group - #5 by TERVUREN

In this setup the hydraulic pressure contact is a on off type.
To replicate that situation with your transducer I would build something with the transducer connected to a potentiometer(and maybe a resistor or two) and let that combi activate a relay with a optical 5V input (arduino module type) If you have a double module, one of them could be for this auto off function, and the other for the shut off valve.
With the potentiometer you could adjust how high pressure must be before activating relay.

" In this setup the hydraulic pressure contact is a on off type."

“pressure contact” are mechanical switch activate when relief valve open , max left or right position or malfunction.
Set one pin on arduino nano ERROR, and connect with “pressure contact” , and in PID.ino you process information. Stop “wind up” PID ,and “return” 1-2% PWM.

I cant seem to figure out where to find gerber files for PCB V2 board? And also not clear whether i can order it assembled or not? :slightly_frowning_face:

If you have installed AgOpenGPS, you can find a folder on your desktop and the PCB gerber files from a subfolder there.

An assembled PCB perhaps from Andreas or someone else here.
https://www.autosteer.cc/produkt-kategorie/elektronik-teile/

1 Like

i have folder with just one folder in it “Arduino Code” in this folder are 4 folders
Autosteer_UDP
Autosteer_USB
Machine_UDP
Machine_USB
None of them have a “gerber” .gbr File in them
? :thinking: