Release v4.3.10 - Finally!

Machine_UDP is missing in Supportfiles\Arduinocode

Is it OK to use the 4.1 version??

@Richardklasens_admin if you mean under “guidance” remote / manual I have tried, it does not change anything

That’s really strange. I have exact the same setup as yours. An high active relay connected thru D4/EN_L-R which switches a 3/2 valve. Works fine with 4.3.10.

Could be some power shortage… but as it has worked in 4.1 I’m not sure where your problem is… only thing changed in the INO code is that this function is also available when you use Cytron.

Do you have a pcb? Or wire connections?

@Richardklasens_admin I have PCB, but it is one that Larsvest has drawn, only difference is that it is slightly smaller, has tried to downgrade 4.1 so run it again, I think there will be some more.

Probably yes. I just never finished it before it got busy seeding and harvesting here

4 posts were split to a new topic: Bugs v4.3.10

Possible bug, or maybe just me not using it right, but tried setting mine for an offset fixed mower this morning, 10ft mower, offset to right…but was impossible to autosteer, for some reason it just flicks between guidance lines to the left and current, even when driving right on the line, it will just flick between lines, causing the steering to go all over the place! In the end just set it as centered and used it to set lines / drove manually in between, something im doing wrong or is it an issue?

How wide is your mower and what is your offset?

10 foot mower…offset 8.5 feet from center of tractor to center of mower

I wonder if there’s a bug. When the offset/width ratio is so high, it tries to grab the wrong line?

Possibly, maybe someone else could try doing the same? It literally flicks from one line to another a few times a second at times.

AOG has allways done this. Current code really cannot handle an offset mower.
AOG needs tractor to be within work area so offset can only extend a bit to the side. Workaround is to literally add a front mount mower to your tractor also. Or double width of implement in AOG so tractor is within working width.
Your welcome to try coding it to work. Even if you only get the code to roughly work, we can help clean it up when got more time.

I tried that in simulator: Following a line seems to work quite well! What doesnt work is the calculation of the uturn if you pick to skip one or more lines it finishes next to the line.

True. But mowing on AB with offset mower means your running on the crop, so why do that?

Im not fully familier with all the functions in AOG yet, but is there a way to setup guidance lines in AOG to allow to cover a field in cuts with an offset mower? Kind of a tricky situations…I normally just use the GPS to open up cuts down across the field, and then drive by hand, saves having any triangles. Solution is a front mower…but dont have one (yet!)

You don;t have to make the mower look right in AOG, you just need an AB Line the right distance apart. Follow the line like a normal implement without any offset - the guy in the cab knows which way to swing the thing.

Yeah thats what Ive been trying to do, but with offset mower, you have to do it in cuts, so the A-B lines cant be the same distances apart, same as single rotor rakes etc, its different going one way to the other (Im not talking about swing over moco mowers by the way, this is single fixed offset mower thats mounted to tractor, very common here in UK / europe)…I got around it by just shifting the track every time i went the opposite direction, but be nice if there is already a proper way to do that…

Is their some reason that V4.3.10 doesnt have machine UDP

Find and older version with machine udp. I have been using 4.3 with udp hydraulic lift and section control on air drill. Working great.

so are you saying that the machine UDP from say 4.1.1 would work with 4.3.1