Retrofit original Autoguide WAS to Fendt 410 COM2

Original autoguide WAS, with Number: (G725970190020), conversion of my 410 Vario COM2 BJ 2006. First of all, thanks to Valentin :+1: without his help it would not have been possible. It has to be done beforehand, but with a few adjustments.

One hurdle was getting the bearing shell out. I destroyed the old sensor, then you can use a small puller to get in at the bottom to pull out the bearing shell. The autoguide sensor is unfortunately 3mm larger in diameter (marked in red on the photo). I sanded it together, you have to work very precisely here so that the sensor stays in the middle because the pin that centers the sensor and prevents it from twisting is also removed, I drilled a hole and put in a small hollow pin for it, I also have a weak one O-ring clamped between the bearing shell and the lower part of the sensor so that it sits better and does not twist.
Bearing shell pulled out, ready for sensor installation
I used the original lid instead of the one supplied because the new one didn’t fit.
I branched off the 8.5 volt supply voltage from the rotation sensor on the front axle suspension.
Had asked for the original 5 pin cable set. Was too expensive for me costs 330 €. Instead I drilled a hole where a fuel hose fits and pushed the cable for signal and ground that leads to the car control box through. Is tight and cheap. On Valentin’s advice, I took the 220 OhM resistor out again and stuck it in the Autosteer box between A0 and A1 (WAS high and low).
I then soldered the supply cable instead of the 12 volt cable to the B094 connector. The 12 volt cable pinched off and stripped.
Front axle swing arm separation point
This is the steering motor that I installed with a servo for swiveling. I put the print files online in the Steering Mount files.

€ 20,03 | 38MM Planetary Brushed DC Getriebe Motor 38PG38S 8MM Welle DC 12V/24V Hohe drehmoment Niedrigen geschwindigkeit Ausgerichtet Motor

2 Likes

I have the sensor mentioned above on my Fendt COM3.

After providing it with 8.5 volts it is not showing any response. I checked the wiring on the front axle and everything looks fine but my sensor gave me 0VDC on the signal pin.

It is showing correct voltages for the 4diff lock and front wheel drive. Only this pin is at 0VDC.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same value on the signal pin (0V) after providing 8,5V on supply pin.
I have a fendt COM3 too.
Maybe, the sensor is different when the tractor don’t have Auto-Guide.
Do you find a solution? change sensor?
Thanks

I mounted another WAS on the tractor. But I used original fendt wiring and spliced into it my angle sensor and it works like a charm.

Used AA-ROT-120 sensor because it has a wider angle.