RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

Hi Stefal, and everybody else…

had a question, that evolved into a possible bug report…

I noticed some issues with the rinex conversion data, but after updating from 2.3.0 to 2.3.4 i found another issue trying to debug stuff.

so the first issue: in my 2.3.4 installation it seams that the file achieve function creates faulty zip archives in my setup after the update. the Rinex conversion fails, win10 explorer says the ziped .ubx file is faulty, error 0x80004005, and 7-zip cant extract the file either… (I believe i have default file settings) ((the files are fine before archiving))(((And it worked before uodating to 2.3.4)))
Just me or my installation or can anybody confirm?

The other issue I noticed, is that I believe that the Rinex conversion of my logged data does the ‘initial position’ conversion erroneously. When uploading to the Canadian CSRS service, its reporting file (PDF) says my preset position is at 79m height but my setting is 69m. (as the GPS also is showing). I’ve tried to confirm the numbers through various conversions, and as i understand it RTKBase Rinex conversion does something strange with these numbers… (although after some study, I now have realized the complexity of these coordinate transformations, and the many pitfalls of various reference frames and so on…)
this is of course no showstopper as such… i just got confused why the numbers in the PDF-reports did not made sense…
Any input upon this issue?

And a final clarification the GPS position on the webgui map. Is this the latest position from the GPS unit ? Or as i now later have realized, is this a position calculated from multiple readings run through RTKlib to estimate a more precise position over time? (Btw, It would have been nice with some kind of length reference presented in the map or in textform, to be able to judge the current reading in relationship to the specified base point. )

any way…
Thanks for your efforts into this project Stefal

BR /Klas

27 april Uppdate on the zipfile issue… updated to to 2.3.4 on the 23 april… generated zip file on the 23,24,25 are all erroneous. File from april 26 worked ok to convert…. (No changes on settings or reboots)

Does it make day file time 23:59 or what? today i left my fully assembled station running and put on file logging. if i want to make rinex with rtkconv and use canadian post processing tomorrow do i get accurate enough results?

I’m getting this error when I try to convert to RINEX in RTKBase. Any thoughts?

Failed!

caution: filename not matched: 2022-04-29_00-00-00_GNSS-1.ubx 2022-04-29_02-32-28_GNSS-1.ubx 2022-04-29_02-32-57_GNSS-1.ubx rm: cannot remove ‘2022-04-29_00-00-00_GNSS-1.ubx’$‘\n’‘2022-04-29_02-32-28_GNSS-1.ubx’$‘\n’‘2022-04-29_02-32-57_GNSS-1.ubx’: No such file or directory

Your log was not donne by 24full jour. It seem you got a disconnect in thé day you make log

I was wondering, if it is possible to somehow get the positions of the rovers?
They sent nmea back to caster, so is it possible to access it with RTKBase/RTKLib?

SNIP can show rovers on a map. Perhaps a future enhancement on RTKBase?

1 Like

Yes, I believe you can poll a remote device using RTCM over TCP. There is an option for this in the settings page of RTKBase.

I DO NOT THINK, The RTCM TCP option does not allow to receive the position of the rover through a nmea messagen but to transmit the RTCM messages from the base to the rovers directly through a TCP internet connection without the need for a caster

You’re right, I had remembered incorrectly.

The Ardusimple wifi NTRIP master permits remote monitoring.

I know little nothing about the rtkbase project, but the NTRIP protocol supports both RTCM out to rover as well as Sending fix positions back to the base from rover over tcp. I believe you just have to send a different authorization string to allow the caster to Poll your rover(using HTTP). Although without sitting in front of my computer I can’t say for sure.

1 Like

That was it! It worked well the next day.

I sniffed the packets on rtkbase and if I set send gga every 2 seconds in Agio I get every two seconds a bigger package. But if I display it with tcpdump I only see ASCII garbage. So I don’t know how to decode. Thought it is nmea and I can just read it… But no :wink:

This would be so great… Support for Basic Mapping - SNIP Support
The AVL tab - SNIP Support

What is this error i cant convert log kuva_2022-05-06_155236733
file in rtkconv?

How can i use UART on Raspberry pi 4? While enabling serial which target should i use? “serial0”?

In WEB interface use ttyACM0 from above

Hey all,

We area making an automated positioning system for sea containers and are using Ardusimple (ZED F9P) RTK systems. Base-Rover seup over radio didn’t work for us because the container piles block the signal.

So… We decided to build our own NTRIP caster server. We have an old HP running as server running Ubuntu 22.04LTS. I followed the RTKBASE setup guide but for some reason the gpsd.service fails.

Anybody here that could help me?

Thanks,
Vilho

Probably better to have started your own thread for this, but what happens if you try to start it manually?

sudo /etc/init.d/gpsd start

Have you fully updated / upgraded Ubuntu?

1 Like

Yep I should have started a new thread…

But yeah, the same thing happens even when I’m starting it manually.

And yes, everything is up to date.

Really obvious question, but are you running with root privs?

Sorry, I’m grasping for why the daemon is not starting and I do not have a Ubuntu rig to test on.

Is there a log file for this service in /var/log/?

I’d probably just try reinstalling, the RTKBase documentation is usually pretty good.

if anyone interested, I wrote an rtkbase tutorial here: RTKBase - a tutorial

Interested in any feedback or changes

1 Like