RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

Hi, all. I made a RTKBase station conected to rtk2go. Its OK.
rtcm message default in install (1004,1005(10),1006,1008(10),1012,1019,1020,1033(10),1042,1045,1046,1077,1087,1097,1107,1127,1230)
I have a problem Trimble cfx 750 conected in rtk2go as if the package is not good OR Trimble menu setting. I tried (option in menu “RTK date base” “WGS84/ITRF2008” or “NAD83” or “ETRS89” , “GDA94” which one to choose? I didn’t find directions in rtk2go , RTKBase…
Someone uses it RTKBase + rtk2go and Trimble navigate?

Not sure, but I made this video with Trimble and RTKBase, maybe something useful in it for you? I don’t recall getting options to pick the settings you have, but the video also explains the message set I used for that device.

1 Like

What might be worthwhile to do is test your connection is good in RTCM3 viewer in SNIP (use-snip.com), and also consider creating a hole in your firewall to let tractor go direct to your home to receive NTRIP. If you know ssh/command line, you can log onto rtkbase and do “netstat -ano|grep 2101”. That will show any and all NTRIP connections. It might well be that your tractor is not actually reaching the data source for some reason.

1 Like

My Trimble Tmx2050 only works with 1005, 1008, 1074, 1084, 1094, 1124 and 1230. (MSM4!!!) Nothing more!

1 Like

On that, I had success on older John Deere kit with both:

1004, 1006, 1008, 1012, 1013, 1033
and
1004, 1006, 1008, 1012, 1013, 1019, 1020, 1033, 1045, 1046 1230

Both worth a try!

Maybe a stupid question, but I am a bit confused. How do I determine my base station position accurately? I have red in this thread that I should log data for 24-48h, convert the .UBX file to a different format and then upload it to an online converter. How do I convert it? Are there any special settings needed when logging the file using RTKBase File service? Any suggestions of which online service is the best? I am in Sweden. Thanx for the help!

Try this, but for what its worth, it doesn’t need to be bang on accurate. Only if surveying where absolute precise location is required, from what I can see. You’ll get usable results watching the bar graphs for half an hr, letting it settle and updating the location.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, it was exactly what I needed!

1 Like

Hi, is it possible to use ublox m8t for the RTK base station?

Possible but not a good idea. These days you want a dual frequency 4 constellation GNSS receiver and m8t would not bring any significant savings.

I have one sleeping inside a box, so before buy another f9p would like to try. Should I do something for m8t configuration?

Try it - if you have it set up in u-center first (as the config file that rtkbase pushes appears to be specifically for f9p), I don’t see why it wouldn’t give something useful. This might come in handy… RTK base station with M8T help - #10 by Francois

Little upgrade. Thanks to a guy named geofis from github, I have installed his version of TouchRTKStation on Raspberry pi4 and 3.5inch screen. Very easy to do following his steps.

1 Like

HI GialucaRav
Do you have a link to geofis from github? I’am having a tough time finding that GitHub repository.
Regards from
SE Denmark

GitHub - geofis/TouchRTKStation: Single-Frequency RTK-GNSS Rover/Base Station based on RTKLIB here’s the link

(long time later…) in reply to my earlier post
My file issues was a defective SD-card…

Hi!

I’m working on the RTKBase next release since some months, and the first public beta is available.

What’s new ? See the Changelog

It’s a beta, so things could go wrong. Please don’t use it on a Gnss base you need to use.

If you find some bugs, please create a ticket on Github

To install it, start with a clean Os and:

wget https://rtkbase.eu/rtkbase_release/rtkbase_2.4b5.sh -O rtkbase_2.4b5.sh
chmod +x rtkbase_2.4b5.sh
sudo ./rtkbase_2.4b5.sh --all bundled

I’ll provide a beta release to upgrade an existing RTKBase installation during the coming weeks.

9 Likes

Thanks for all you’ve done on this! I really appreciate being able to have a simple gui to run my base.

• Port number for the web server is configurable in settings.conf

Very good idea.

Is it possible to add a preview of active connections ip address?

Hi!

What do you mean? I don’t understand.