RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

Hi Stefal, how to install old version example 2.3.2 commands in terminal?

Something strange is happening with the latest version, it loses the com port.
There are the same two rtkbase, old and new update, hardware is the same. Debian10.
How Easy installation old version? I want to put back the older version

Best regards !

Not sure of all the terminology to be fair. With regard to xxx7 messages, ive used them from the start as that is how the recommended f9P setup was configured. I use cellular nrtip so bandwidth isn’t an issue.

The AGI-3 definitely runs off xxx5 gps and Glonass. Beyond that I’m not sure.

Ive been away from AOG stuff for a while TBF and am trying to remember and catch up with some of the better developments.

Could you give me more details? Here or in a new issue on the github repo?

New issue 2.4.1 update for 2.3.4 , it loses the com port. Sometime every 10 minutes, but sometimes it doesn’t happen for a couple of hours. My COM port tty/ACM0, when it breaks I go to the web panel, and click Detect, waiting and who writes that ACM1. In this case I restart the Pi, and OK work in my ACM0 port.

I would like to try the older version in easy install, so far it was ok with the older version.
how install.sh in old vesion?

Best regards !

I just tried new debian, new RTKBase 2.4.1 Easy instalaton script. Other hardware.
Now what happens is that the COM port is yellow, COM port ACM0. Click Detect, yes ACM0. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Maybe you can use Caster part of this?: GitHub - eringerli/RpiNtripBase
It’s based on rtklib.
Have been used this for a few years. Has worked well.

Could it be an hardware problem with your F9P (usb cable) ?

Old flashable images are still available on

This is odd, as the older AGI-3 definitely works with MSM5 messages.

The Topcon X35 system with an AGI-3 antenna running off my F9P and RTKBase. Seems to be working fine.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it? But it reads RTCM 3.0, is that MSM?

Note that I did not say AGI-4 would not work with MSM messages. Would be odd if AGI-4 did not while AGI-3 did. I was talking about the the AGCO branded AGI-4 with their SW, or actually with the AGCO SW that we happened to have some time 2021 when I tried it. Given the support for these from AGCO (and the relevance of MSM support), I doubt they would have any SW update to bring MSM support.

I’ve been running both AGCO variants (Fendt & MF) of AGI-4 from Stefal’s RTKBase without issues, just configured legacy messages for these receivers.

My message showing it working wasn’t pointed at or even meant for you. We’ve been trying to get this to work with my base for ages without success. Reading further up you’d see this. I told @Stefal I’d be extatic if we could sort it out with his RTKLIB based software.

…and it seems we have now.

Sorry that I misunderstood your case. Honestly I’m quite lost what works and what does not as I see both mentioned and is it somehow an RTKBase issue. Anyway, hope everything starts to work fluently with some help from forum experts if needed!

I’m so pleased. I’ve tried using the free version of Snip (no message converters) and also an ESP32 running the X-Bee software with an additional ESP32 adding a 1008 message but none would work. I’ve been wanting to use RTKLib to try to get it to work but didn’t want to have to use windows and I struggled to get it to work in linux from the command line. I couldn’t find a Linux GUI front end to set it up. This is even better as I don’t need a PC to run it either. I copied the message output of a base we knew worked and up to now we have success!

My base station is a f9p with wifi ntrip master