RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

During the RTKBase installation, the script send some settings to the F9P (with gpsd), it’s here:

1 Like

Does RTKBase work with f9p FW v1.13?
I had it working on an earlier version, since upgrading no satellites are displaying in the status window.

EDIT: seems the script to configure the f9p wasnt working, entered the CFG values manually through ucenter and its working again.

Hmmm strange, the script should work as long as the F9P is connected with usb.

It must have run on the first boot after I flashed the image as the simpleRTK2B was straight out of the box then.

I would like to make a RINEX file
I plan to leave the base station running for seven days, do I need to change anything in the file service settings.
You didn’t explain what the field means in this part of the setup, or I can’t find it.
file service

Thank you

With the default settings, when you enable the file service, it will create a log file for each day. Then you can download these files and convert them to rinex.

1 Like

Is there a firewall in the raspi image for the GUI? I tried port forwarding to :80 but server refuses to respond, does it allow only connection from the same network?

Otherwise it’s working like a dream, good stuff @Stefal :ok_hand:

Is there a firewall in the raspi image for the GUI? I tried port forwarding to :80 but server refuses to respond, does it allow only connection from the same network?

There is no configured firewall. Forwarding the port 80 to the raspberry works for me.

Otherwise it’s working like a dream, good stuff @Stefal

Thanks!

OK, good to know! Then it’s something with my router, it’s weird since forwarding the 5016 port for RTCM works no problem.

perhaps the port 80 is already forwarded to another device.

Or it’s blocking port 80 for “protection”?

I guess that’s the case. No other port forwarding for port 80, need to play with the router firewall when back at the farm. Or then install nginx on the rpi.

if you need to change the web server port:

1 Like

I tried installing this, copy and pasting the quick instructions, but every time I try $ sudo ./install.sh --all I keep getting

Installation options: --all
logname: no login name
The logname command returned an empty value. Please reboot and retry.

Rebooting has not helped, so any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

What is the output of the logname command?

I’m not at all sure as this was my first dabble in Linux, so tried the ready to flash version on another SD card and that seems to be working for me now.

I have my RTK Base running via TCP, open my port and configure AOG putting my IP, Port and activating TCP only, my question is where it shows on the screen that I have RTK solution, how do I know if I am getting RTK correction data in AOG?
AOG shows GPS Single.
Base: Autoconfig for the Raspi

Rover: simpleRTK2B_FW113_Rover_AOrtner_10Hz-01.txt
10 Hertz
GPS-GLO-BEIDU-GALILEO
SBAS DESHABILITADO
salida a USB y GGA a uart2

gga + vtg a 10 hercios

1 2 AOGTCP

Why can’t I get RTK? I have the base less than 1k when I do my tests.

With RTK Navi, I can see my base and my rover, but I get FLOAT.

With a base 100km via NTRIP I get RTK on AOG, U-Center, RTKNavi.

some help?

The ip of your Box is it fix and the port concerns open

1 Like

Yes, the IP is public, and the port is open, I have access from a mobile (4g) or PC in another network.

If you get “Float” with RTKNavi, that’s a confirmation that you receive the rtcm stream from the base. That’s a good point.
Is you base antenna on a good location with a clear sky view without obstacles?