Section control hardware

Hello. Been searching for hours with a number of hits, trying to find what hardware I need to add Section control relay board. I’m still not quite sure what is the right setup for me.

I have the all in one board with the micro running udp. I’ve understood I need a nano, a relay board and a switch, but what do I need to get it to udp (rj45)?
Anyone have a parts list available?

Thank you :slight_smile:

First of all, what kind of machine do you want to control? Do you use motor valves or solenoids?
UDP you can do it through POE or supplying power through conventional cables and use a shield for arduino, you can also use WIFI… many variables :wink:

I would like to control my sprayer which have solenoids and manual section control, so it is a relay board I’m going for.
It is actually how to get the nano to ethernet I’M wondering…? What hw is needed?

Just an Ethernet shield:

DollaTek ENC28J60 Ethernet Shield V1.0 for arduino compatible Nano-RJ45 Webserver Module https://amzn.eu/d/0femCRz

1 Like

To connect via UDP you need

2 Likes

The diagram posted above shows a 12V->5V board, is this really necessary? I thought that the nanoboard also has a 5V output with which I can control the relays, right?

Just beginning messing around with a 8 relayboard and a nano

(I’m still working with the USB version)

Absolutely!
It seem that in this schematic it is assumed nano have power from USB 5v. and you could use the 5v output hoping not to burn the trace on backside of nano (from usb to 5v out/in pin)
But nano can make 5 v from 12 v using Vin on nano, but it is a linear converter so the more voltage the more heat. Tractor have about 13 v to 14 V So??
Using UDP I would feed 5v (from 5v module) to nano 5v pin and no usb
Max output from nano 5v (combined with 3,3v) is 0,8 A
One 4 relay board use 300 ma and here you have 3 times 4, so already there you are above 0,8 A if all relays are activated.
Just combining specs :slight_smile:

thanks for your answer Lars, I know a little about electronics but not when it comes to nano’s and computers, I was under the impression that it was the 5 V that went straight from the USB to the output (+5V pin)

By the way, what is the name or number for that type board?

LM2596

The LM2596 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator , capable of driving a 3-A load with excellent line and load regulation

The wiring diagram are for solenoid valves if you use motor valves you need two relays for each section.

1 Like

Is what you ask for? 4-channel 5V relay module | Kiwi Electronics

1 Like

Is what you ask for? 4-channel 5V relay module | Kiwi Electronics
[/quote]

not that number viki, the number for the 12V-5V regulator (lm2596)

butt anyway thanks!

1 Like

@Vili in your drawing above here you are using tree 4 relayboards, the top one of the schematic you use for tram left/ tram right and up and down

Where you can use tram left / tram right for?

thanks for your answer

I now have all the parts at home and have started building everything up between normal work.
I use an 8 section board and a separate 2 relay board to be able to raise and lower the 3 point using an actuate motor (linear motor).

Hy Vili have a Hardi Sprayer with this Soleoid Valves you wroting about…is there no risk of a electric damage if the two reliais dont switch exact at the same Time? Thanks for Answering

There is no problem on an H-bridge. Even if a relay fails. if one of the relays does not switch. the motor is found either with +/+ or -/-. nothing will happen and nothing can happen

So wiring like this…and il be fine?

yes .

Thanks for Answering…will try if the Postman bring me the Stuff next Days…

With solenoid valves you don’t need two relays for each section, this is only for motor valves with reverse polarity.

Ok have this motor valves.sorry was wrong…language problem…my englisch is from learning by doing…
I understand thanks for Answering

Can you use the same LM2596 to power the relay board and the Nano or do I need a second LM2596? I read somewhere that the nano and relay board should not have the same power supply.

I’m building a machine board using UDP, nano, LM2596 and a 16 ch 5v relay board without an internal buck regulator.

Thanks