simpleRTK2B Lite – Basic Starter Kit

I have installed pi following the instruction but when installing some of the code it comes up as
‘’ no gnss receiver detected, we cat configure it!’’ so in thinking that the installation is looking for a usb receiver and not a serial connection but I cant figure out hot top change that

Yes. Make sure that you connect TX to RX and RX to TX.

With the USB plugged in try
sudo ./install.sh --detect-usb-gnss
See if anything comes up. If not (probably not) then there are a few options:

Option 1
Try to figure out what tty port you’re using. Its probably ttyACM0 or ttyS1. If you can’t figure it out just brute force
$ rtkbase/tools/set_zed-f9p.sh /dev/ttyS1 115200 rtkbase/receiver_cfg/U-Blox_ZED-F9P_rtkbase.cfg
with every tty port you can think of until something happens. That will configure the F9P and you’ll need the same port in the RTKBase GUI.

Option 2
Give up on USB and the adapter and connect the lines you marked above. Make sure to cross tx and rx. Configure the Pi to enable the serial port (this can be tricky, you might have to disable bluetooth too). Find your serial port (probably ttyAMA0), run
rtkbase/tools/set_zed-f9p.sh /dev/ttyAMA0 115200 rtkbase/receiver_cfg/U-Blox_ZED-F9P_rtkbase.cfg
(change the ttyAMA0 to match your serial port). That command should configure the F9P. Then enter the same serial port in the RTKBase GUI. I’m 100% confident that will work, but getting the Pi serial port enabled can be a nightmare (has nothing to do with RTKBase or the F9P).

Option 3
Give up on configuring the F9P with the Pi.
Use U-Center on a PC to configure the F9P (required configs are here: rtkbase/receiver_cfg at master · Stefal/rtkbase · GitHub). Once the F9P is setup and plugged back into the Pi with USB I think all you are going to need to do is enter in the USB port (probably ttyAMC0) in the RTKBase GUI. I’m not 100% sure if you’d need to do any more Pi config to deal with the xbee USB-serial adapter, I don’t think so but I’m not super confident. You could just hookup the wires and use serial at that point too.

Step 8 has what you need to do, you have a “U-Blox ZED-F9P (uart)”: GitHub - Stefal/rtkbase: Your own GNSS base station for RTK localization with a Web GUI

Tried everything but still nothing the only thing I didn’t try was the last one configurating the f9 on ucenter but the configs are 2 years old so I’m not sure it’s going to work
Here some of the pic
As. Well on the rtkbase home page on the setting everything is green but it’s not receiving any data from the gps

Do you not have a WiFi Ntrip master?

Plug your Lite board onto the USB shield, then plug the WiFi Ntrip master on top of the Lite board.

Then follow these instructions:

The USB shield is just to provide power.

Ok but will it work with the rtkbase?

As an RTK Base station, yes, connect it to an NTRIP Caster, like RTK2Go.

What’s your Pi model number? 3b, 4b?

The Pi has two serial chips. One is a full featured UART and one is a mini UART with limited functionality. The chips can be routed to USB, pin 14/15, Bluetooth, and other gpio pins. It can be a bit of a hassle getting them routed correctly. You want the full featured UART routed to pins 14/15.

Your problem right now isn’t RTKBase or the F9P, it’s the Pi. You’re troubleshooting a serial connection, but the tool you are using to do (RTKBase) is not a serial troubleshooting tool.

I’ve gotten to this same step as you. For me disabling the Pi’s Bluetooth fixed all the Pi’s UART routing and I was able to proceed. It took the better part of a day banging my head slowly figuring it out. None of the Pi serial tutorials online said anything about disabling Bluetooth.

My next step would have been to unplug the F9P and connect the Pi’s 14 and 15 pins together. This is called a loop back test, the Pi should be able to receive whatever it sends out. Use a serial tool and don’t go back to the F9P until the Pi is able to receive whatever it send out over serial. There shouldn’t be any more big hassles after you get past this.

It’s a 3b+

Tried everything but still didn’t manage to do it

dev/serial0tty AMA0
Dev/serial1 ttyS0
Is this how it’s supposed to be or the other way around?

Here are my settings, but mine is a Pi 4B. Mine is connect to a RTK2B Micro F9P, Pi pins 14/15 to F9P TX1 RX1, which is the same chip and connection that you have, just the Pi is different.

My Bluetooth dtoverlay is slightly different than yours, but looks like that’s just a Pi3/Pi4 difference

My serial allocations match yours, the primary port is set to UART0.

What you’ve got matches what I’ve got, and mine works. I’m not sure why yours doesn’t.

You did a reboot after editing the config.txt right? And you’ve got pi tx connect to f9p rx, pi rx connected to f9p tx?

What returns when you command?
rtkbase/tools/set_zed-f9p.sh /dev/ttyAMA0 115200 rtkbase/receiver_cfg/U-Blox_ZED-F9P_rtkbase.cfg

Permission denied

I thing that the f9p is not cofigured right

Sorry, it should all be one line, one single command. It’s displaying as two lines because it’s so long.

If it is able to run this then it will configure the F9P correctly over serial.

I tried all as well but still nothing

Tried more stuff the loop back works but no gps

The loopback test working is a good sign. I’m still not sure what’s wrong.

If you re-connect the GPS and run
minicom -b 115200 -D /dev/ttyAMA0

Can you see a flow of constant data coming from the GPS module?

I was thinking that maybe your F9P module isn’t getting power and I looked through the hookup guide. The picture where you asked to hook it up like this, and I said yes, I was wrong.

I think this is how you have it hooked up, but that’s not what you want.

This is how you want it hooked up:

I am very sorry to have misdirected you.