simpleRTK2B Lite – Basic Starter Kit

I have been wondering that too but I thought that the pins were the same.
No problem it’s all a learning process hah
Now I’m getting the gps data when I use minecom but still says no gnss receiver detected we can’t configure it

oh wait i run
rtkbase/tools/set_zed-f9p.sh /dev/ttyAMA0 115200 rtkbase/receiver_cfg/U-Blox_ZED-F9P_rtkbase.cfg
and it working

1 Like

thanks alot wouldnt figuer it out by my self

1 Like

will i be able to change wifi network by using this
sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
and change the wifi ssd and password to another ?4

Yes, you can change the wifi there. You can also add multiple wifi networks there if you want to save your known working network and just add another.

Glad to hear it’s working!

Hi there I put the base up but when I use it it’s not as good as the other one I takes a long time to get rtk and then goes on float and losses rtk and I am like a mile away from it and if I connect it to my old base that I’m 5 miles away it’s much better here some photos can you guys help

Monitor your base here: http://rtk2go.com:2101/SNIP::MOUNTPT?baseName=Base_1jersey

Wondering if it is dropping connection to the internet somewhere so watch the “last restart” time.

Its been on all day and if it wasnt i would get the ip ban like it happen when i first conected the other base and on rtk2go it say 96% up time
Its like agopen not getting anything from the base

Run this and watch the connection to see if it keeps going red/green:

i cant see the pi ip adress on tcp view

You won’t. Look for rtk2go

Cant find it

Renato, did you ever get your simpleRTK2B Lite working good? I’ve got a Lite board and not able to get it communicating with a Pi4.

Hi WildBuckwheat I am having difficulty getting the rtk2b lite board communicating with a Pi4. Reading the thread with you and Renato a year ago, what all did you have to do to get this setup working? Were you able to connect over the usb xbee adapter board or did you have to wire it direct?

Yeah I did it still working

Just remember the pins on the top aren’t the same on the bottom

And I did solder it directly

Ok good to know thanks! So you soldered to the bottom of the board pins and then you don’t use the usb adapter at all I assume.

Then this software lineup should work?:
Pi4= RTKbase 2.4.1
f9P lite board = firmware 1.32
rtkbase/tools/set_zed-f9p.sh /dev/ttyAMA0 115200 rtkbase/receiver_cfg/U-Blox_ZED-F9P_rtkbase.cfg

Anything else I would have to do?

this is how my is configured

and yeah try running that comand if it doesnt try this one

Thank you so much! I will give it a try tomorrow!