Single Antenna, Reverse Detection and Settings

I have just realised I didn’t have the f9p configured properly so it was only running at 1hz so will be interesting to see how it goes now

Yes, that will make a big difference.

A big part of the problem is my ability to not say no. Reverse detection allows using no imu and still detect which makes it all around poor reverse detection.

Need to change it so that if you don’t have dual or single + imu you can’t do reverse detection period. It will work a lot better.

Can a option be added to aog that allows us to use a switch or sensor for reverse detection. Perhaps we can use one of the optocouple for switch or sensor input.

The next version runs fine for reverse detection :wink:

1 Like

Just looking at this with our install. Reverse detection not happy with multiple 3 point turns, which we do at each headland for our application. We are running at 1kmph so can’t hit 1.5kmph to reset direction.

We are running single f9p and IMU on 4.1 micro/teensy all-in-one board.

1. No
  2. Front of cab 55cm ahead of rear axle. 273cm high.
  3. 1km
  4. 1m

Would adding a second f9p help ? I’m reading on the hardware wiki that it “just” replaces the IMU.

Any advice appreciated before I resort to more spending.

Cheers,
James.

Try 5.7.3.1, all reverse problems solved.

1 Like

Thanks Vili.
Can you detail that a bit more please by how I would solve my issue in the new version ? Currently running 5.7.2.

You don’t have to do anything, just use 5.7.3.1., after several months with it, I’m still waiting for the detection to fail. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Vili. So no new updates to the teensy? Just run the exe on the tablet/laptop ?

Just run.

P.D : Anyway, I would like all of you who use 5.7.3.1 give us your opinions

I will try today, i like new options :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Tested… on 5 vehicles.

Like you still waiting for the 1st time having a heading error.

I think it works flawless.

5 Likes

Tried it yesterday on a combine, works flawlessly. Its time to update the rest of the squad. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Have also tested 5.7.3.1 today, works flawless for me.

1 Like

Tested, direction detection works perfect , but steereng is lettle better at 5.7.2.

When tractor wiggles 5.7.2 is more stable.
On new version when i go thru some hole in road with both version tested , 5.7.2 turns little bit, but 5.7.3.1 a lot.
Roll filter is 0 on both version.
I miss yellow square in the middle.

It whood be realy nice if there is phisycal button for centering ab line.
Very useful in plowing.

1 Like

hot key P is not enouth ?

with virtual keyboard you can play with

1 Like

Yes 5-7-3-1 overly aggressive with roll compensation.

Ordered this, buttons are programable :grin:
Whent tractor goes and shaking its hard to touch on tablet, with this it will be perfect.

1 Like

I’ve compiled the latest version of 5.7.3.1 from Github + done a few hectares of work with it yesterday, in my case it seemed to hold the AB line better, reverse detection actually worked reliably and the headland turn function is much better too. I have my roll filter set to 5 and have mostly flat fields so I can’t say i noticed it being more or less aggressive to IMU input.

Ive tested new versions , reverse detection works good , but reverse steering very bad.
Tractor wont go on ab line , it steers but it cant get to line.She is not in line with tractor , shes stuck at some angle.
When i go forward steering is good.And everything works.

When i test older versions 5.7.2 reverse steering works great , but detection is problem sometimes.

Did anyone tried to go in reverse on new wersions ?