Single Antenna, Reverse Detection and Settings

I honestly am not sure. The simple indicator is that missed sentences counter in left bottom area by AgIO button.

AOG does a lot of calcs, you do need a good tablet indeed

I was out ploughing last week and had some heading problems. It didnā€™t like doing three point turns. 8 runs out of ten it would be fine but the odd time it would get totally lost and youā€™d have to steer manually to the other end of the field as the a b lines would be in a different direction. Then once I would turn at the other end it would go back to normal again. Iā€™m using single antenna front of cab roof and a cmps 14. I think my settings are 1.5kph and 1 metre. Tried moving gps IMU fusion about but didnā€™t seem to help much.

Even expensive system SBG do that, so just have to press the tractor to change direction, same with AOG. I know sbg canā€™t do U-turn so it happens when backing up.

1 Like

Nice reverse dosnt work all the time so hotkey for resetting direction would be good addition.

But you know that you can just press tractor on screen?

1 Like

Now yes from your post above but till now I drived forward 20m to get heading then reverse the abline then start back from beginning.:joy:

If you drive on line reverse detection works good I just put in reverse gear and it drives. Problem comes in 3 or 5 point turns. ( which is 90% of turns for me).

Maybe try change/reduce the detection distance (I think itā€™s 1 m standard)

Itā€™s set to 1m default (fix trigger distance) if you think of that or is there setting for reverse detection distance? will lower be a problem for working on field oscilations from line?

I think it works for both. Just from memory, so someone might correct me?

1 Like

I have just realised I didnā€™t have the f9p configured properly so it was only running at 1hz so will be interesting to see how it goes now

Yes, that will make a big difference.

A big part of the problem is my ability to not say no. Reverse detection allows using no imu and still detect which makes it all around poor reverse detection.

Need to change it so that if you donā€™t have dual or single + imu you canā€™t do reverse detection period. It will work a lot better.

Can a option be added to aog that allows us to use a switch or sensor for reverse detection. Perhaps we can use one of the optocouple for switch or sensor input.

The next version runs fine for reverse detection :wink:

1 Like

Just looking at this with our install. Reverse detection not happy with multiple 3 point turns, which we do at each headland for our application. We are running at 1kmph so canā€™t hit 1.5kmph to reset direction.

We are running single f9p and IMU on 4.1 micro/teensy all-in-one board.

1. No
  2. Front of cab 55cm ahead of rear axle. 273cm high.
  3. 1km
  4. 1m

Would adding a second f9p help ? Iā€™m reading on the hardware wiki that it ā€œjustā€ replaces the IMU.

Any advice appreciated before I resort to more spending.

Cheers,
James.

Try 5.7.3.1, all reverse problems solved.

1 Like

Thanks Vili.
Can you detail that a bit more please by how I would solve my issue in the new version ? Currently running 5.7.2.

You donā€™t have to do anything, just use 5.7.3.1., after several months with it, Iā€™m still waiting for the detection to fail. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Vili. So no new updates to the teensy? Just run the exe on the tablet/laptop ?

Just run.

P.D : Anyway, I would like all of you who use 5.7.3.1 give us your opinions

I will try today, i like new options :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like