Sniffing Fendt 724 ISOBUS signals

How would I go about sniffing what data is in the different ports of the Fendt 724 Gen 6? One of my goals is to make a phone app to move the tractor remotely, but mostly just to mess around. I have some electronics knowledge with Arduinos and other stuff. Should I get a Canbus shield or something similar? Where can I find pinouts or other documentation for the different ports?

1 Like

Buy a meatpi, make your life a lot simpler, use with savvycan

1 Like

Which meatpi should I buy? They have a good amount of products.

Also would something like this work? 2x RS485 + 1x CAN tietoliikennekortti HAT 3,3V Galvaanisesti erotettu, Raspberry Pi, 8-28V DCDC / WS-23227 - Triopak Oy
I would be able to get this faster than something like the meatpi products.

Is Canbus the best port to use for this or are there better alternatives?

There are 5 CAN bus: M-Bus > engine/DEF, V-Bus > valves/steering, K-Bus > every Button/UI, G-Bus > transmission, ISOBus

Not sure about Gen6 but there might be some diagnostic ports near the fuse panel or under the buddy seat.

If I remember right, the fuse panel area does not have other than the valve bus (perhaps isobus too). There is an OBD port at the buddy seat area but it is Ethernet only. The box serving this OBD port has pretty much all CAN buses but not straightforward to reach.

Isobus, valve bus and K-bus available in the roof for the GNSS receiver.

Hi, I’m currently trying to steer my 314 Fendt One over CAN bus and found a connector with two CAN low and two CAN high cabels in the roof, connected to a gyroscope sensor module (that i probably won’t need?). Does there exist a wiring diagram of that 12 pin Deutsch connector or is there at least some way to find out which CAN bus is which?
Thanks in advance

Is your tractor auto-steer ready? Can you find a connector name from the Deutsch connector?

Yes, the tractor is autosteer ready and has third party steering unlocked. Before buying the tractor had the original autosteer installed. Connector is called X4250.

Isn’t X4250 and intermediate connector towards A101? X2192 should be on the box?

A101

The FendtOne models are not made to just plugin 3rd party steering like the older models.

You need to make your own connection to the VBus and that is normally done at the end of the hydraulic valve bank, remove the CAN terminator, extend the bus and reinstall the terminator.

I just found the four diagnostic sockets hidden under the passenger seat. V-, K-, G- and Isobus. Any problems with taking the bus signals from there?

1 Like

That will do, plug in there and see what happens.

Is this a GEN6 724? Interesting find, the wiring diagram does not list that connector at all.

1 Like

No, it’s a 314 gen4 profi+. Don’t know about the 724 but the cabin should be pretty much the same. Maybe give it a look, the sockets were hidden pretty good under some other cables.

Will need to have a look. My understanding is that 314 gen3 is of the same age as 724 gen6 but would expect them all to be pretty much the same.

This is indeed pretty strange . I had been searching for this connector in a 211 ONE but on the electrical schema those connecters were not shown, so i didn’t bother opening that and instead used the can bus from the infotainment in the roof. worked fine too.

Finally had the time to look behind the OBD port panel. I did not find anything else than the OBD port harness plus a few black cables.