Starting with agopengps

To explain Panda:

Non Panda- your Interial Measurement Unit (IMU) will send a signal with the tilt angles of your tractor to the AgOpenGPS (AOG) software whilst the GPS signal is sent separately. There is a time delay which causes the GPS and IMU not to be in sync, which obviously effects accuracy of positioning.
Typically you’ll have a PCB V2 or Kaupoi PCB with an IMU mounted on the board which uses an Arduino Nano to process all the data and send to the AOG software.
The GPS signal is delivered separately to the software, by a separate USB connection to the tablet.

Panda- the IMU and GPS are mounted on a special Panda PCB which has an Arduino Teensy to process there signals and syncs or fuses them at the same time and the Teensy is much faster than a Nano so in all there’s less lag and much faster positioning data is delivered to the AOG software. The positioning data has the pre cursor of ‘PA’ and so Panda was adopted as it’s name.

The new ‘All in One’ (AIO) PCB uses Panda by default so you only need one PCB and one connection to the tablet/PC.

11 Likes

whaauw, thx that’s an efficient clear answer!!

Hello, can someone tell my why gps module needs 3.3v when it does not have it via usb cable and still works?

Because USB is always 5 V, and module have 3.3 v regulator. At 3.3 V the GPS chip use less power than a 5 V module would. Aka. The module can run longer on a battery.

Also at 3.3v they can pack more speed and io in less package because the distance between traces can be less too.

1 Like

Hi,
I just heard that arduinosimple now offers rtk correction service in Ontario, I haven’t tried it but I think it’s worth considering, since it does save a bit of messing around.
Also I am also in Ontario, between Stratford and Listowel, and have 3 john deeres on AOG for 2 seasons.
Also I did go with a Lora system using the xlr radio from arduinosimple. It seemed like the easiest for me and I can reach what I need to.
If you want to come by and take a look your welcome to.
Mark

1 Like

Did anyone tried to turn on auto steer without moving.
Then you swing tractor, does your steereng wheel move?
I asume that is easiest way to test fusion between imu and gps.
I intend to move to panda version and test it.

Does anyone have dual antena setup to test that?

Thanks.

If gps_speed >=0.1 then the steering will be activated. ( If you have poor GPS Signal, it does)

if ((bitRead(guidanceStatus, 0) == 0) || (gpsSpeed < 0.1) || (steerSwitch == 1))
          {
              watchdogTimer = WATCHDOG_FORCE_VALUE; //turn off steering motor
          }
          else          //valid conditions to turn on autosteer
          {
              watchdogTimer = 0;  //reset watchdog
          }

Sorry but you did not understand the question.
I do not whant to disable it, if fussion is real time between imu and gps when i swing tractor on y axis (with my hands) steereng wheel must not move, but my moves.

Thats probably becouse bad timing between gps and imu.
Brobably imu has lag.

Thats why i asked someone to test it with panda or a dual antenna.
Thats is why line is not ideal stright when terrain becomes grumpy.

If you have no panda at the moment, then what you describe is what AOG has always been doing.
The more percent imu you tell AOG to use the more wheel adjustment you get on the tractor when moving imu.
Tilt does the same, it clings off due to filtering.

I have not checked in tractor with panda board, but I expect the wheels to turn if I turn imu by hand.
And panda would take care of the wheels NOT turning if I tilt imu, but ONLY if I tilt/move GPS antenna the equal amount to the side.

1 Like

The reason why panda system was developed.

Is there a way to fully test the steer motor on the bench out of AOG? Just to test if all the hardware is correct and if all settings are right?
If I see GPS and IMU info on AOG screen, is that enough proof that part is fully functioning? Don’t have RTK hooked up yet

What exactly do you want to test? If you remove your f9p or obscure the antenna so that it won’t receive any GPS signal then you should be able to enable simulator mode, create a field & ab, and turn on autosteer, then while it’s driving along on the line, move your WAS slowly from side to side and the motor should turn according to your settings

Maybe you are asking for the manual steer slider in steer settings?

Thx a lot.

Next question:

Does anyone know where I can find steering mount files for a Fendt 500 or 700 series S4? I expect someone has build a motor on a steeringwheel of such a tractor already

This Telegram group has lots of Fendt examples for both Cerea and AgOpenGPS. If you do not speak German you can just browse pictures in the media tab.

1 Like

Hi
Have you figured out whatvyou will do for steering angle sensor?

there’s one in the fendt already, just T-off

Can someone tell me why do i need gnd directly from was?And to connect to A1?