Steer motor pulsing/running on off

Yes I think the hz are the same 10 but will check that

I’m no expert by any means, but have you tried increasing the gain in the autosteer settings?

@Warwick18
If you manage to find a solution. Can you please share.
I think i am having the same problem. Motor pulses for tiny moments.
What i found is when i run it in simulation mode the motor runs perfectly.

So i wonderd if there was tp much current to handle for my laptop. But i can run te motor in agopengps prefectly while at the same time running the gps in u-center (with rtk fix)

1 Like

Yes I have tried changing various settings on the drive controller which have the rite effect that you would expect but still always has the pulse type movement on the motor regardless of gain etc

I forgot to mention it doesn’t seem to be load related now I have tried the motor not touching the steering wheel it is still the same

my problem was solved with these files. Ublox F9P - Config for rover

did you try running the motor in simulation mode ?

In sim mode it acts just the same so would seem not to do with gps signal. Also noticed a light on the arduino flats at same time as motor pulses so seems to be a prob with the signals from arduino

I had a similar problem and the reason was a faulty arduino nano. The processor was getting hot. I replaced it for a new one and the problem disappeared.

I think I will try replacing the nano first as this seems to be where the problem is,after that I’m not sure what else it could be

Please share your outcome if it works…

• right setting in F9P?
  • bad Nano chip?

I am just waiting on delivery of a new genuine nano to try that :+1:

So I have replaced with a genuine nano and no change,but have found it’s a prob with the usb connection. If I remove the gps usb from the hub the steering is smooth. So could there be a prob with usb hub?or can I not use 2 usb cables through a hub into the 1 on the tablet?

seems weird,
You can always test this by using a computer with enough usb ports. Or trying other usb inputs on the hub.
Can you please tell us what hz it says you’r gps is running in the application?

Open agopengps → connect you’r gps → at the top left/middle there are white letters saying numbers.

Also limit gps msgs to gga & vtg

An F9P will go get crazy if it’s need to send to much data at an high refresh rate (8hz or higher). So be sure you have the right config file loaded to the F9P. Can be found here on the forum.

Thanks for the help everyone I think that’s it sorted,rate was too high causing everything to go crazy (gps and steering) seems nice and smooth now motor working well :+1:

@Warwick18 what exactly did you change settings wise to fix this problem. Did you have to alter your f9p settings?

I think it was the rover f9p settings for the hertz rate,found mine needs to be between 7-8 no higher,also the nmea should match which you change in agopengps gps.

Sorry should have said in ublox centre it’s in configuration under rates. Remember to save the new settings!

I’m having a similar problem with my steering. I had my system in one tractor and everything worked fine then i moved entire system. PCB, Steer motor, same laptop with same software (4.??), same Rover and Base.
The only thing different is the WAS.
I can drive the tractor in the setting under drive and the WAS and the drive motor are in perfect order. The tractor drives straight.
The i go to my field create a boundry set my AB line everything works like it should.

But as soon as i hit the auto steer the motor will steer all over the place and not follow the AB line what so ever.

I am a bit lost now because everything works in manual mode the WAS and the motor and the exact system worked in my other tractor.