Steering a '22 MF 6718S over CANBUS

Nice project, did you also use Tony’s Agopengps Canbus Version, in order to incorporate the hitch height via isobus? And is CAN 1 or CAN 2 connected to the steering bus of your tractor?

1 Like

I used my AIO board with some modifications to Tony’s code. Used CAN1. However I’ve now built Tony’s board and am looking to swap this machine over to it

Haven’t incorporated hitch height with my AIO but I will with this one.

Why? What’s the benefit you are seeking here? you’ll need another pcb for gps?

Designed my own case, no extra PCB needed :wink:

2 Likes

What kind of configs need to be used with your changed code if i want to run Dual? 1.13 or 1.32?

I don’t think Dual is supported on the CANBUS branch I’m afraid - I’m just taking Tony’s base and AIO-ifying it, but even with the CANBUS board, I believe it’s not supported.

edit: yes it is supported!

I read about the x230 plug
Is the x184 plug the correct one?

1 Like

Yup x184

Looks awesome
Do you know if the firmware could also work on the V2.5 AIO board?
I somehow can’t get an ethernet connection to the AIO board with the CAN frimware. There’s output in the serial monitor of the Arduino ide after flashing tho. Has anybody with more experience an idea what’s wrong?

The firmware does work on All-In-One, that’s what I was using at first up there. Firmware here: GitHub - lansalot/AOG_CAN_Teensy4.1 at AIOChanges

Uploaded that firmware
I managed to get an ethernet connection, but for some reason in AgIO the f9p doesn’t connect. I connected the f9p with an extra usb cable so all modules (steering, imu and gps) are shown green in AgIO. When uploading the normal non-CAN firmware everything connects and works without problems. Also the imu doesn’t seem to have any output, atleast no IMU fix is shown in the program.

Is there something I’m missing? Maybe some settings that need to be changed? Or is the pinout of the new AIO boards different to older ones and the firmware needs to be changed?

Did you follow the instructions in Tony’s code about going into the service tool and picking the right mode (usually “P” to forward Panda, iirc) ?

I have now, thank you!
Everything’s working now, had to choose panda mode with the right baud rate

1 Like

If you want to see how to sniff the CANBUS and find out how to engage with the button of your choice, these videos explain all:

2 Likes

At a 2017 MF 7720 today, found the steering on the lower plug, X888 and the joystick (headland management button) reporting on 0x210[1] & 0x20. Didn’t get the connector number of the port, but it’s the one in the pair next to fender.

1 Like

Looking to do the same on our 6718s
Do I still need a wheel angle sensor or is it possible to use the existing one fitted to the tractor

If steer ready, you’ll be using the one on CANBUS

1 Like

0x330 byte 5 is Rear Hitch position on MF 7724 '15.