Steering ring gear printing cost

What is the difference between the
Ender 3
Ender 3 pro
Ender 3 v2
Would the Ender 3 do for printing the gears as it is the cheapest

The differences between the Ender 3s are minor. Looks like the Pro comes with a magnetic bed, which makes it convenient for removing prints easily. But you can buy stick-on magnetic beds for any printer. I don’t see any other improvements really.

The v2 has a newer circuit board (32-bit) that can run a more advanced user interface. Also the stepper drivers make the motors a lot quieter. Also the v2 comes with a built-in bed probe, which makes leveling the bed easier and can allow the printer to print better when the bed has warps in it, which all beds do. I added a probe to my Ender 3, but that requires flashing firmware and doing some minor circuit board modifications. Also the v2 has knobs for tensioning the drive belts. which is a nice improvement.

Personally I’d go for the Ender 3 v2 if I were you. But the Ender 3–which is what I have–works fine.

None of the Ender 3s are designed for printing soft TPU, but you can easily upgrade the extruder with a 3d-printed part to make it work. Probably your first modification.

1 Like

Is it simple to upgrade the extruder on a Ender 3 to make it print with TPU
I rang up to order a Ender 3 v2 today and the sales person said it would not print TPU as it is belt drive and i should get a Ender 3 s1 but it is £150

Just looking through the spec sheet for a Ender 3 v2 and it says filament PLA, TPU and PETG

Basically you just need to modify the extruder. It’s the same for all versions of the ender 3. Here’s a modified extruder part: Ender-3 TPU Extruder Fix by exeswizz - Thingiverse

Also here are some tips that might help:

1 Like