Steering Setup Issues

IMG_20220420_151043_1

Thats brushless motor.

Why and how do you use encoder for AgOpenGPS ?

WAS is just a sensor for wheels position it can work at any speed. Main limiting factor is you tractor if you have 3 deg of no movement of wheels autosteer cant do fine adjustments as you go faster your steering wheel needs to be turned less to get same effect as low speed. AOG only moves steering wheel few degrees back and forth when you are on the line.

2 solutions are fix empty movement or go for hydraulic system and bypass steering wheel problems entirely.

Empty movement cant be fixed.Its in hydraulics.
I buy now orbitrol, new hydraulic piston, new pipes, new pump .
But it still has some small empty movement.

I tried on brand new john deere , armatrac,kubota, mccormick , etc… all of them have small empty movement.

Dont tell me brand new tractor 150.000 eur is not ok.

I whant to know is AG open gps capable doing speeds od example 15km/h?

I do not expect precission od 1cm at that speed but 2-3-4 max

Tried to find videos but all of them are working 6-7km/h

Found videos of cerea doing on 17km/h

Then we don’t have same view on “small” If you have same movement as new john deer then that’s not a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5MJvg-gVfOQ

high speed from @Tooki57

My primary problem is failing steering hydraulic pump when tractor is cold it works good but when it heats up you need 2 hands to pull steering wheel under 1000rpm. So I started from 30 pwm and ended up at 140 for low setting I think that with new pump AOG will work good.

1 Like

Does anyone have situation that tractor standing sthill but map moves?

Some times ab line is not straight , when i make it , the a spot sometimes is moved left or right for 1-2 meter

Then i realised i need to drive 15-20 meters to map stops rotating and then i pres A spot , then no erorr.

What is moving map when tractor stand in place?
Imu, gps …?

Did you set SIM cords to your place?

Your gps is actually not getting same position every time it calculate a position.
My AOG say I move around 0,1 km/h when standing still, this could trigger AOG to shift between forward and reverse.
So set The MIN speed (in single antenna settings) higher than the standing still speed.
If you set Roll filter very high, roll take forever to stop rotating.

Or you have set gps receiver to only 1 HZ instead og 10 HZ
Did you install the rover file?

I don’t get it, what sim coords do?

If you do not set them to same as your gps tell, then start of field could be at Brian in Canada.
That sure slow AOG down.
Do N O T use a field In real life that is created in simulator where sim coords standard is set to Canada
(UNLESS off course if sim coordinates in simulator is set to your place)

Sim coordinates are used to view saved fields indoors with no active gps signal connected, or for bench testing.

I wish when opening a saved field it would auto enter the coordinates into the sim.

I thought it did

It definitely saves a single coordinate change, on the main screen.

I will check to see if putting new sim coordinates in, while each different field is open saves and inputs that coordinate on re opening.

If it does I will be delighted.

I was struggling with getting settings right with steering configuration. Rtk signal and steering motor was pulsing or running in bursts. After 3 days came across this post of same problems. Checked my u Blox configuration and @Aortner load that I did this winter came in at 1 hertz instead of 10 hertz like others discussed. Changed this morning and night and day difference now. How amazing @BrianTee_Admin , @PotatoFarmer , @Vili , @Larsvest @KentStuff @m_elias @Radmuffins @m_elias @whiterose of work you all have done. This steering and variable rate control is amazing and it’s completely Lego version! Built ourselves! Thank you all very much for so much support and knowledge! It’s precise under half inch at 7 mph right now and u-turning beautifully! Thanks again

6 Likes

Glad you got it U-turning! I still remember the first countdown to the boundary and having it turn better than a human possibly could. Thinking “built this, with plans off the internet, for real” :grin: Its a great feeling.

2 Likes

Which protocol do you finally use to control the motor, CanOpen ot RS232. Can you explain your setup. Thx

Today I made 10Hz config on my rover, connect my f9p with teensy 4.1 + panda, moved the antena on the hood and put the IMU on the chassis(my cab is with susspention). On lumpy ground and side hill I made 5-6 passes and I think it was very good.
А heartfelt thank you!

2 Likes

How long is your cable from IMU to PCB?

Which IMU?

2m from IMU to F9P and then 1m usb to HUB, CMPS14

Guys, when your antena is on the hood, how much “lool ahead” do you set?

I’m using Pure Pursuit with antenna on top of the cab about 50 inches in front of rear axle. CMPS14 is mounted inside the auto steer box to the top of the box. No interference, easy roll adjustment and dials right in to get u turn adjusted correctly. Definitely don’t over think the installation, biggest difference is configuration/firmware and also getting correct agopen version with correct arduino downloads. I fought settings for days and once software was corrected, steering was almost spot on without changing settings at all. If steering is way off, look into configuration, n-trip, rover, base station, caster issues!

Does anybody know:
the diameter value (6), which is indicated after sucessfully driving a circle, defines the outer diameter, the inner diameter or the middle diameter of the vehicle turn circle?