Stream Deck for AOG control?

For those of you who would like to have tactile buttons I am curious if you think an Elgato Stream Deck with Bitfocus Companion software would make life easier. This keypad and software were created for controlling Audio/Video hardware but have been adopted for many other applications. There are tons of YouTube videos explaining how to use it. In short, the Stream Deck is a 6, 15, or 32-button programmable auxiliary USB keypad that can send hotkey keystrokes to a computer and/or send API commands to apps that have an API interface. Bitfocus Companion software is open-source software for configuring one or more Stream Decks. Elgato includes configuration software with the Stream Deck but Bitfocus Companion will do much, much more than Elgato’s. Each key on the Stream Deck has a full color lcd display and can show custom static images or, in some cases, live feedback from the computer or its applications. If you don’t like running AOG with a touchscreen in a bumpy tractor, this may be just what you are looking for. Disclaimer, I have not tried it myself yet, but I have used the Bitfocus Companion fully functional web-based emulator to get a better understanding of what I could do with a Stream Deck.

1 Like