Tool Steering

It’s same for me…

Hi all i’m very interested in the Tool Steer im new to the Programming word but would you be so kind if you could send me a list of all components needed to start this tool steer project

Hi,
I have this seeder, and I was wondering what would be the best position for the GPS antenna? Position 1 or 2 ?

I think

front 1 for PP algorithme
rear 2 for Stanley algorithme
rear 2 if you have slope
rear 2 because closer from opener

so 2…

@KentStuff or @BrianTee_Admin, has there been any sort of work done with this idea? I’m thinking ahead to this fall, and I would love to have a passive implement steering option to try out. I realize it is summer and everyone is busy, but thought I’d check in.

Find a paper.Share you.Headland turning algorithmization for autonomous N-trailer vehicles in
agricultural scenarios.

3 Likes

Hi all,

I know it is an old thread, but how far is tool steering?
Is it still in progress?

1 Like

Any admin with info?

There is nothing in progress for tool Steering at the moment.

The last commit is 8 month old
Tool GPS on Github

Thank you for the information

Working on it. Lets see what comes out.

I’m curious if there has there been any work done on this?

2 Likes

Would be interesting if it could be used on the AIO boards, we are organic so to use this on the corn drill and then again with the row cultivator/cleaner would be a great.

2 Likes

hey @frosty do you know what that protrakker hitch cost that you got there?

Cost me about 10k plus tax Jan 22 for 400DBT model here in Aus. That is the price without the magic box to hook into trimble tru track. From memory it was double to include that.

Hi All from Australia, I’m moving from older John Deere Autosteer and Implement Steering over to AgOpenGPS. It looks like tool steering has stalled? Any way I can incorporate it? I have all the hardware setup.
Cheers.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this type steering? JD calls it passive steering mode I belive, where there is a antenna on travtor and on planter and tractor steers off the line to put the planter globe on the line. This works well for drawn implements that do not have steering ability.

1 Like

I dont know what the status of AOG on this is. I do know that the JD setup is said to be pretty good at this point

I’m in the process of installing tool steering right now. I’m using all in one pcb that will steer a hydraulic slider 3 point hitch. The implement will have dual antenna that will follow its own guidance line separate from the tractor gps line. I’m pretty close to wiring it up now. Will be planting with it so i can row crop cultivate the same rtk line.

6 Likes

Please post back with results and lots of pictures!

2 Likes