Toughpad/book

From this screen you were able to select the same COM port for each, GPS port and auto steer port? If so is there a setting I am missing?
Communication Settings

After thinking about what you said NorthernFarmer, I think I get it now. If I currently have two usb ports on computer if I add this splitter I should see 3. Is that correct? I did not look for that and just thought the two com ports would be all I could see. I will check tonight after work.

Sorry, I confused you with my example of three USB-ports.

If you start with two USB serial ports, one for the GNSS receiver and one for the Auto Steer board while connecting each to their own USB port at the laptop, you see two different serial ports ad the device manager.

If you then connect the two USB cables (one fort the GNSS receiver and one for the Auto Steer Port) to a USB hub and connect the hub to your laptop, you should still see the same two serial ports. You should still select a different serial port for the GPS port and the Auto Steer port.

My third USB cable was for the Brick and it actually does not appear as a serial port at all at the device manager.

1 Like

A USB port does not equal a COM port, don’t get those two confused. You can use a USB hub (splitter as some call it) to connect multiple USB devices to one USB port on your computer but adding a USB hub does not add more COM ports. You won’t see the COM ports listed in AgOpenGPS until you plug in your USB device (Arduino, F9P, etc). The COM ports are actually virtual COM ports created by the driver for your USB device.

1 Like

I got it connected. Thanks for the explanation that cleared things up.

If anyone is having a random black screen when turning theirs on, for whatever reason they sometimes think the HDMI out is active. You’ll notice it when you can see the boot screens but then nothing for the Windows login / main screen. Just plug a HDMI cable in and unplug it, seems to fix it.

Hey
I bought a used Panasonic TOUGHBOOK CF-D1
Processor: Intel Celeron 847 Dual-Core 64bit 2x 1.10GHz
RAM memory: 4 GB DDR3
Hard Disk: 250 GB

Unfortunately, I don’t have batteries in it. Can you help me trace the serial number of this battery?

Do you need a battery? Constant power is no problem in a tractor. The battery is quite expensive IIRC.

First hit on a google search.

Can anyone with a CF-D1 recommend a car charger? are some better than others?

If your power is stable you can power it directly from the alternator …
At my own risk… :blush:
I have been using it for almost two years without any problems

1 Like

I have an old Targus charger. The advantage is that the laptop battery gets also charged. Direct 12 V from the tractor is fine if no need to charge the laptop battery.

Cannot remember the CF-D1 charger voltage but a Targus adapter for an oldish IBM/Lenovo laptop is fine.

The alternator charges the traktor battery mostly at 14.8V sometimes 13.8V
Panasonic CF-D1 Charger is 15.8V 7A

I knew someone here had but couldn’t remember who! Obviously it’s still going fine. I think the internal battery is 10.8v or something like that so should really be fine unless there is an alternator reg fault or poor battery lead.

I have used a relatively cheap adjustable dc dc converter. I also use one for my motor. It gives me the flexibility to alter motor current which softens direction changes if I want it to. image

I am using a Chuwi Ubook Pro tablet that came with an AC to DC charger only. The DC output is 12V 2 amps. If I buy a connection like one in the picture, could I hook that up to the 12V connection on the PCB board (see on picture circled in yellow)? Will it cause any interference or power fluctuations or damage to tablet battery?? If I can do this I will not have to buy and install a DC to AC converter, but if the converter is the better and safer way that is what I will do.PCB board_LI

I don’t think D2 is big enough to to carry 2 extra ampere.
You should use the big 12 v out instead.

I have surface pro 1, i use normal 220V charger with this

Runs ok, and charge all time my tablet, my phone (used in wifi node) and usb hub with power.

Regards

I use a toughfboock cf-19 with a docking station, works great! Touch screen, ssd.

Does anyone use Chinese tablets / pc? Do they perform well? They have a lower price.

heard of Chuwi Ubook Pro, Pippo and Jumper

Chuwi Ubook pro is excellent. Runs my combine. Super responsive, good port selection and the DC jack charges directly from 12v