Toughpad/book

Don’t get the 32GB version. It’s not enough space to install anything newer than Windows 10 1809. Minimum should be the 64 GB. I realize you can install sd cards, but I’m not sure if running the OS from the TF card slot is a good idea either.

Anyone using one of these? does it look any good?

LENOVO IdeaPad Flex 5i 14" 2 in 1 Laptop - Intel® Core™ i3, 128 GB SSD Windows 10

Tring to find a Chuwi Ubook Pro but don’t seem to have any here in the UK

I need information about Panasonic Toughbook CF D1 mounting bracket.

I find only very expensive bracket made by havis or the original. But it is a lot of money. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m using a plastic chopping board which I mounted a 2" ram mount ball on. It’s been working fine for a year now. I can send you a picture if you’re interested.

Please share at the forum. My DIY bracket isn’t really that nice. Could try something more pretty. Also a CF D1 user.

Here are a few pictures, the chopping board is 6 mm thick

3 Likes

I find the version for FZ G1.

This RAM-HOL-TABL19U, it is made by ram mount. The price is 75$.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-TABL19U

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-TAB19U
Use this version, no key lock but but 32$ instead :wink:
I do use big Ram mounts with it to suit multiple vehicul.

Between surface pro 2017 and panasonic fz-g1 which one do you recommend?
fz-g1 costs double but resists the dust of the open cabin.
surface has a bigger screen but probably looks worse in sunlight and is fanless, can it withstand the heat of summer?
My biggest concern with the surface is dust

I use Teclast X4, it has 12 inches, good brightness, two usb ports and it charges at 12v. as the tractor supplies 13.8v I have added a regulator lm2596 set to 12v. It works great.

Hi,

a lot of these affordable tablets use a N4100 processor and 8gb of ram.
Does somebody have any experience with it, do they run fast enough?
Maybe that would be a helpful information.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone using an Microsoft Surface 3. Found one thats cheap, and im looking to replace my 15inch laptop thats too big.

I tried one of these out, overall it works good. The screen is bright enough until the sun shines directly on it. Sunset and sunrise are worst.
Wish I would of got the 4g modem option, as iPhone hot spot does not stay connected with the low data rates, either have to listen to music off the tablet, or keep the phone screen on to stay connected. It fits a ram tablet mount quite well.

It runs off 12V, so getting a dc dc regulator for it, right now running it off a small inverter.

As soon as AOG is in more equipment I operate, will be looking for a tablet with at least a 600 to 1000 nits screen. But happy with this one for now.

Too bad the display isn’t at least 1080p. Any idea what it’s nits rating is?

They claim 400 nits. AOG looks great on it, but my last screen was 2x2 black and white ez150 :rofl:
AOG looks way more upscale than even a cfx750 on the BRT10 screen.

IMG_9704

I did not want to spend really big bucks until I saw AOG steer. But now even a top rugged windows tablet is cheap in comparison to replacing a commercial guidance system head unit. Also way more functional.

1 Like

I’m in doubt about buying a tablet. I’m seeing what’s best for me. Cost benefit.

1- Jumper Ezpad Mini 8 Tablet Intel Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad Core 2GB ram DDR3L 64GB rom eMMC Windows 10 8 polegadas ogs Screen Tablet pc

2 - Hp Pro Tablet 608 G1

Preference for Chinese solutions.

I have a knackered old dual core Toughbook that seems to handle AOG just fine.

Have upgraded to a Lenovo Yoga laptop / tablet hybrid for the best of all worlds. £150 on eBay.

Did any of you get the Pipo X4 that was talked about earlier on the forum? They seem to still be available and have decent specs. Under $400 USD. Lots of ports including a real RS232 serial port. Only 4 GB ram, and 64 GB of storage, but that’s enough to run AOG easily, and windows 10 should update on it for some time.

1 Like

I tried ordering the X4 3 times, had to get a refund 3 times.

After successfully getting the higher spec chinese BRT10, I do not think the pipo will make too many happy. The BRT10 is at least fast to operate, but unless you have a good cab tint 400 nits is a little low on brightness. During sunset it is really tough to see, and that’s when I am out the most. I use it in an open station with a canopy.

Found a reasonable refurbished Getac f110 g2 that is ip65, screen spec is 800nits. Iphone8 is 600, so the Getac will hopefully be the final winner. But only one USB, will need a hub.