Toughpad/book

That’s too bad. The Pipo X4, although slower and maybe not quite as bright, has the ports and battery to make it really reallly useful. I cannot tell what ports the BRT10 has on it. does it have multiple USB and an ethernet port? Very tiny battery, but of course that doesn’t matter quite so much.

Other than the dim screen the BRT10 is all right.

It has
1 USB 3.0 port
1 USB 2.0 port
1 Ethernet port
1 really tiny 12vdc charge port
1 sim mini port, the only modem you can get for it is UK 4g
1 HDMI port
1 earphone jack

Has wifi and bluetooth

4 core processor Intel® Celeron® Processor N2930 2M Cache, up to 2.16 GHz
8gb ram
128gb hard drive

BRT10 Battery runs AOG and sparkfun f9p for about 4hrs on a single charge.

The Getac looks good. There’s a dock for this tablet available that has multiple USB ports, RS232, ethernet, and probably power. That would be slick. https://www.havis.com/data/2-Computing/Docking/Getac/DS-GTC-200/DS-GTC-210_PBK_12-19.pdf

The Getac really sounds ideal until you look at the brand new prices, refurbished is a lot more palatable. Plus it is going right in the grime anyway.

I will look into the dock, but hopefully it can move between tractors easily with ram mount.

edit: Its $1K Canadian just for that dock, external hub it is lol.

I found the basic dock for $200. Refurbished Getac F110 G2 Intel Core i5 5200U 2.20GHz 11.6" Tablet - Bob Johnson's Computer Stuff, Inc. See the “docking station optional” section.

1 Like

Here’s a picture of the basic dock. It’s a bit bulky, but you could quite easily bolt the RAM ball on the back of it. News and Events | Havis, Inc. NRL

$200US is not horrible to get the extra ports, hopefully will ship to canada…

Other than not having the 4g installed that is the tablet I am getting, from ruggedbooks.com.

tons of ports

but have to phone during business hours for international service

1 Like

Possibly they will only sell it for $200 if you get the tablet from them also.

They will sell it separate that’s not the issue, but it has to come by UPS. So I will get hosed another $200 in brokerage fees.

Also now I have to Ali up a 12v to 19v converter.

I found a pile of these f110’s on eBay, but various stages of refurbishment and generations.

1 Like

Could have it sent to a broker in Coutts who could send it on to you. That would probably be $100 still though. I use H. H. Smith brokerage in Coutts. H. H. 403-344-3822. I typically drive down and pick up my stuff from their office, though, but they can forward parcels on.

1 Like

Im going to phone in the morning to see what the true damage is, but its still cheaper than a wiring harness for a trimble, lol.

I think AOG will work even better when I can see it. :rofl:

1 Like

The refurbished Getac F110 Gen 2 finally came in. This tablet is the real deal, 800 nits is very bright, very easy to read in full sun. It is also faster operationally than the higher spec’d Chinese BRT10 tablet. Touch screen on the F110 is very responsive and easy to use. Its also lighter with a bigger screen compared to the Chinese tablet at the same price.

The newer Getacs are super expensive $6K cdn but come with 1200 nits, would not worry about buying one refurbished to get the discount or new if you sold a Starfire. You would have to go extremely out of your way to actually damage one of these tablets.

Compared to the Panasonic tablet I have at work the Getac is very comparable in all regards, though slightly more premium in construction. The only differences between Panasonic and Getac for AOG would come down to personal preference and availability.

2 Likes

What was the spec on the Getac F110? I found a lot of them on eBay as you mentioned earlier. How is it holding up so far?

Its a F110 Generation 2

Standing screen display size ‎11.6 Inches
Display Resolution ‎1366x768
Processor ‎2.4 GHz core_i7_5500u
RAM ‎8 GB SO-DIMM DDR3
Memory Speed ‎1600 MHz
Hard Drive ‎256 GB SSD
Graphics coprocessor ‎Intel HD Graphics 5500
Chipset brand ‎Intel

I really like the F110 G2 very much, the screen is huge and bright at 800 nits. The newer generations get incrementally more screen brightness. AOG looks great on it, the touch screen is very responsive and easy to use.

Its not really a matter of how the tablet is holding up, its what could I possibly do to kill it. The tablet is built extremely well, so is the dock and 12v charger. Its designed for use inside vehicles and out, pretty much purpose made for a cab computer.

Accessories for it are a touch pricey, but extremely well made. I had to delete the Getac manager programs off it they were fighting windows settings, this was the only hangup with it.

I do not see myself having to buy another AOG tablet for quite some time.

*** edit I just discovered that Getac tracks the hours the computer has been used. Mine is 955 Hours old. or 119 8 hour shifts. Lots of life left.

1 Like

Did you buy it from eBay? Which seller?

I got it from www.ruggedbooks.com , They are based out of Canada. I got the havis dock from https://www.bobjohnson.com out of the states, and the 12v to 19v power supply from https://tuffbooks4less.com

There is some more info higher up when @torriem was helping me track bits and pieces down.

Really read the specs for each individual unit when buying used, some have some pretty good upgrades to them though the prices seem very similar.

AdsTec VMT Series

+cheap second hand
+no battery, no problems
+low power consumption

• Power on/Shut down with tractor ignition
  • easy, tough mount with 2 M10 Screwholes
  • f1P fits in wiring cabinet
  • IP68 dust and waterproof
  • bulletproof aluminium casted housing
  • 2x ethernet port
  • expensive as new
  • not really common
    often legacy hardware (f. eg. VMT60xx has IDE drives)
  • poor documentation
    -spare parts?

Good availability in Germany/Europe

Hi im new to all this and want to build a simple lightbar setup for spraying and spreading fert. What is the best low cost tablet that will run agopen? Iv looked at some that are mentioned on here and their a bit pricey for the use i would have for them
Thanks

Honestly any Intel x86 tablet (not ARM!) capable of running the most recent version of Windows 10 will probably work. At least 64 GB of storage. Having more than one USB port would be good as well, so you can keep it charged up and still connect to a relay board and the GPS. I think you’ll find, though, that the screen is going to be the most disappointing part. Cheap tablets just don’t have bright screens, so in full sunlight you’ll find it hard to read. That’s why some folks have been looking at the more expensive options.

Here’s an example of one that would work, but no idea if the screen is bright enough:
https://www.amazon.ca/Windows-Fusion5-FWIN232-Quad-core-Bluetooth/dp/B07HY8X46F
This unit has a microUSB for charging, plus a real USB port that the GPS could hook to.

1 Like

Screen is not very bright. Slow, but works. Line and pixel width is limited to two pixels wide.

1 Like