Toughpad/book

Very true. That’s the way it is with most cheap tablets. But it would get him in the game as it were.

Very strange that you can’t get lines and pixels wider than 2 px. My el cheapo tablet did not have that problem. Maybe the graphics drivers for some tablets don’t support that. I wonder if it could be faked with GL4ES as a shim layer. All tablets support OpenGL ES.

This tablet was our introduction into AOG. Have used it since June 2019. This past fall, it was shut in the tractor door. Time to upgrade. Served us well, especially with overcast sky. Useless without a cab. We made the fat line modification because of this tablet brightness.

Hello, someone knows if Dell latitude 5175 its good for us? Or its better option Dell venue 7140?
Thanks

I’m using one, in combination with LTE sim card. Power via USB-C, Aog via USB, c099F9p via Bluetooth. Performance good, working well. It was a challange to get additional equiptment, such tablet holder, rough protection cover, power adapter for the docking plug - isn’t availiable anymore.

Would depend on the CPU spec for your specific 5175
5175 seems to have replaced the Venues.
The display is even a little brighter than the Venue

Comparing my venue 7140, Intel-Core-M-5Y71- with a 5175, Intel-Core-M5-6Y57, You see they are almost the same speed.
So I would choose the 5175-4GB 128GB SSD (or the 5179 with 8GB 256GB SSD)

If you can get a SSD get SSD. Other than better speed and faster boot times, the device will live longer with no moving parts.

How do you guys manage to get Internet for Ntrip? Say if phone hotspot wasn’t really an option, I don’t see toughbooks with sim slot.

Many FZ-G1’s have sim slots. Both mine do. First one wasn’t even advertised as having it.

Mobile hotspot cheapest you don’t have to have 2 sim cards pay 2 bills. If you don’t have sim slot you you could use 4G WiFi modem/router you can find them in USB stick form.

1 Like

Maybe but when staff are using the tractor asking them to use their own phone is not always an option. There are many reasons why a hotspot is not always applicable.

2 Likes

Yes hotspot is really for personal use and provide additional complexity you need to turn it on from phone and if you change password you need to enter it in laptop again…

For commercial application when multiple people use same tractor when many are older and hardly know how to use use navigation system let alone diagnose fault why there is no internet you need system as reliable as possible AOG needs to be on Trimble level.

For that 4G LTE modem or sim in tablet on data plan is better solution.

So just found a really affordable fz-m1 in my city. My question is how good is the reception of cell data? My issue with not using a hotspot is that I have an iPhone 6s with a really rugged aluminium and thick rubber case and in low spots I lose coverage whereas other phones don’t. It’s fine for now since the benefit of never breaking my screen for almost 2 years since fitting the case outweighs the coverage loss for me. And the Panasonic being rugged as well has me wondering about coverage. Also any issues that might be hidden with a used unit? Or if it runs smooth it’s all good?
Thanks for the really quick responses guys, cheers.

My FZ-G1 is definitely better than my 6s which is only in a thin plastic case. Both on the same network.

Has anyone used a tablet with sim card and running udp? I use fz-g1 computers for aog but doesnt seem to work to use data from computer sim for ntrip and run aog with udp at same time. Is there a fix for this or a way to get data on the same network?

you can send the ntrip corrections in udp to your f9p que if it is connected in ethernet and have configured the correct ports

ok i’m not sure the best way to explain this. I have a sim card router that works great. Because the router has internet all on the same network and I use aog to send ntrip corrections via udp to f9p. But as soon as I try with internet from the tablet with sim card it doesnt work. Tablet has internet but there is some kind of block between tablet internet and agio network. Agio cant get ntrip corrections from tablet internet. It’s like two different networks that need to be connected somehow.

Change your routers LAN ip range to match the ips used by agio. Not sure if its the answer, but if they are on different network segments there is no chance of comms.

LAN example 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254
254 devices can connect on the “.0” segment.
.1 and .254 are usually reserved for the router

You can change the routers LAN to match the xxx.xxx.xxx.1you are using for ag io.

Once they are all on the same layer they can be directed to the port of whatever info they need.

i do have router on correct network range. I have many of these udp systems running but if i try and use my internet that comes from tablet sim card thats what I have never got to work. Tablet internet works for using web browser but doesnt transfer to upd network even though udp network is working. If I could get this to work somehow I could eliminate using the 4g router.

And it will work if i use my phone as a hotspot to tablet, just not with tablet sim card

Internet, the udp ports, and the tcp ports all share the same space.

On the device not getting the internet manually enter the ip address for its adapter.

Its most likely missing the gateway address, which is your routers IP.

And the DNS servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I will try again sometime in near future and see if I can get it working. It just seems like tablet sim broadcasts on different IP network.