Toughpad/book

I have never had problems with CF D1 charging the battery directly with the tractor’s power. After a couple of hours with AOG running and charging, the battery light goes from orange to green, indicating full charge. I have had three tractors running with AOG and CF D1 for more than two years.

How, my fz-g1 doesn’t have that option?

How did you mount the CF-D1? Pictures?

I made some supports held with the screws where the tablet tripod is housed

1 Like

That is a great set of pictures! Thanks!

I have a CF-D1 coming and was looking for ideas on how to mount it. I saw one cradle out there but it would cost more than the tablet.

What is a better option do you think? A fz-g1 or a cf-d1

I am going through that dilemma now. I have both. They are pretty equal in terms of CPU, Memory and disk. CF-D1 has more USB ports if you are doing direct connection of parts. A CF-D1 with a built-in ethernet port is pretty common. The FZ-G1 built-in ethernet ports are not as common. I have had a hard time finding the built-in ethernet port kit for the FZ-G1. It has 1 USB port so if you want ethernet and USB you will need a USB dongle with an ethernet port. Price wise they are about the same.

The big difference is the screen. the FZ-G1 is 10.1" and has higher resolution than the CF-D1. The CF-D1 is 13.3" so the on-screen GUI buttons are bigger. For my old eyes, bigger is better. The FZ-G1 screen at 800 nits is twice as bright as the CF-D1 screens 400 nits. If you are mounting the tablet down lower in the cab, the FZ-G1 will be less likely to be washed out by the sun. I am mounting my CF-D1 up high in the cab to help reduce glare. The touchscreen on the FZ-G1 is more responsive to me than the CF-D1. The CF-D1 you have to tap it a little harder to click or use the stylus.

Vehicle docking stations are more plentiful and cheap for the FZ-G1. I picked up my Havis for $50. The docks I have seen for the CF-D1 are well north of $175.

Both will make a good platform for AOG, one just needs to consider which trade-offs will work better for them.

There is a Canadian eBay seller with over 150 of the FZ-G1 Mk5 tablets with the Ethernet port installed. I just bought 2 and they come with Win10 Pro on them. The eBay listing is 226055841598.
IMG_8511

I usually buy MK3’s for about $125.

And how do you charge the cf-d1?

It takes the same charger as the FZ-G1. I use a car charger from Amazon. Others say using 12 volts directly from the tractor works as well.

Any tablet model recommendations or where to buy one today?

Info from the telegram chat.