Toughpad/book

Microsoft Edge,it’s a security issue.

Both mine have the ethernet port in the middle of the top edge.

Both have cellular which wasn’t actually advertised for either.

Run as admin

come across from the TFF community , just taking some time out to have a little read up of what tablet to purchase looks like ill go for a recon off ebay Panasonic toughbook then i can have a play around on the AGopen app .

Is the screen resolution good enough here, its 10.1" XGA 1024x768 Single touch touchscreen

Panasonic CF-H2 MK1 Win7 RUGGED 10.1" Tablet i5 1,7Ghz 2GB/160GB GPS + GPRS CAM 7081519168002 | eBay

or this model even

Motion Computing F5m Tablet-PC Intel Core i3-5005U 2GHz 4GB 128GB SSD Docking | eBay

1024x768 again

both appear to have bright screens, however not sure if they have enough pixels

Could you please share the model number of the 12v to 19v power supply you are using in your tractor? I am having a hard time finding a charger which meets the power specifications of my Getac tablet that is below $150 CAD.

https://www.gamberjohnson.com/products/lind-90w-automobile-power-adapter-getac

I use the lind adapter, was lucky to find them used on ebay.

Thanks

should work.

sorry late to this thread but would something like this not work ?Voltage Converter, DC-DC Converter 12V Step-Up to 19V Boost Converter Waterproof Power Supply Transformer Voltage Module : Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science

I have one like that to power a getac f110, 19v. For the 16v Panasonic CF d1 I plug them directly into the tractor and they charge without problems

Hello, is anyone using a tablet withouth a battery. I noticed an issue running aog without a battery. Sometimes aog just doesn’t want to launch. Aog files seems to be corrupted in documents folder.

After replacing the tablet with the same model the issue seems to be resolved only difference is the new tablet holds a charge.

If your AOG files (in Documents) are corrupted, is it possible that you’re using OneDrive and it hasn’t sync’d them down to the tablet (perhaps you were creating some test fields on a desktop linked to the same account?)

Im not using OneDrive

Are you shutting Windows down via the shutdown menu and waiting for the shutdown to complete? Just unplugging the computer? A better description of how you are using the computer would be helpful.

2 Likes

Hi i shutdown the tablet from the main menu so just like any windows machine then cut the power. I even tried to shutdown the tablet without cutting the power and starting the tablet again (like a restart) and sometimes it works but sometimes it corrupts the files.

Could be an ssd issue, they don’t like power outages. Check SMART data. Also if write caching is enabled, and by default it is, corruption is very possible on power loss. Is aog the only affected program or does it also corrupt windows files?

Only Aog is affected. This happens even when I close the field, exit the app, shutdown windows normally not just when the tablet experiences a power loss (I accidentally hit the charging cable)

i did the same thing here, directly charging my fz-g1 and it shows on the tablet that the tablet is charging but after a few minutes even if the tablet shows its 25% charged the tablet shuts down. then if i charged it with the original charger it shows that the battery was empty…

Run a battery calibration